current state of the firmware - is this player stable yet?
I am considering the Sansa Express as an xmas present for someone, because on paper it's almost ideal.
however, i am very nervous that i'm going to give a present that will break almost immediately. There are a lot of negative reviews, including here on this site. I expect this type of product to last about 2 years.
i would like to ask please:
1) if there have been further firmware updates recently, and if the current firmware is stable? by this i mean for example no more than one reset required every few days at a maximum.
1b) has sandisk given up on this player or is it still being updated/fixed?
2) anyone in the UK had experience trying to warranty claim on one?
3) are there any serious bugs remaining? I can buy a sandisk microsd card so the kingston issue hopefully won't matter.
this person will be using Macs and therefore won't have access to the updater themselves (and nor will they want to use it). it will be used for file transfers in a business situation so this must, MUST be reliable as a memory stick!
having read the stickies, I am expecting to keep a MicroSD card on hand to fix that fail-to-start bug.
any advice much appreciated. the other contenders btw are:
- Creative T100 4gb (no screen)
- Samsung YP-U3 - ruled out because no Mac compatibility apparently?
- iRiver - no suitable players
- your suggestion here please?!
- Mac compatible/UMS mode
- USB plug
- around £30-£40
the Sansa Express is still my #1 choice right now but it won't be a confident purchase.. i find it bizzarre that at the end of 2007 there arent more products on the market that fit these (very ordinary) requirements.. maybe i'm missing some?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.