Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Default 2gb clip glitched after updating to 1.01.18 and moving a "bad" mp3 over

I got a 2gb sansa clip during the BF best buy sale. After upgrading the firmware to 1.01.18 via the updater, restarting it, and then shutting down/restarting it again, I tried putting on an mp3 that had been giving me trouble. Once again I got the infamous "Refreshing Database" error. However, when I hooked it up to back up to my computer to remove the mp3, I got "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned & Windows does not recognize it."

I can sometimes view the files and directory structure, including two new folders that weren't there before the upgrade (##MUSIC# and ##PORTS#). However, I now cannot add or delete files, nor can I format it.

Another strange symptom is that the Disconnecting screen and startup screen on the unit stay on longer than they used to, at least twice as long.

I don't know if this is some sort of firmware problem, or just a defective unit, or what. Has anyone dealt with this or have any advice for how to fix it?

Last edited by Iskander; 12-04-2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: separating the paragraphs

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]