android
Old 12-15-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen100989 View Post

for lyrics viewing you need the korean firmware 1.20 and then turn the lyrics settings "on"
i have korean and its "on" but it doesnt show anything

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-15-2007, 09:49 PM

Yeah...so how do you use Lyrics Station to add lyrics to songs on the P2?

Old 12-15-2007, 10:09 PM

I use "Zortam" to add lyrics to my songs

Old 12-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

the question is how do you make them actually appear on the player, not how to add them.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:14 AM

well... i use SMS(korean version) to add them... i think this is the only way to make lyrics work

lyrics station actually works too
i think its cus samsung does lyrics differently not too sure... but yea use SMS or Lyrics Station to add cus i think how you add the lyrics makes it different too

Old 12-16-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
so basically guys... it doesn't really matter where you buy the p2.... its the firmware that matters
I'm not sure if by where you buy you're talking about country or specific store. Can you use the Korean firmware on P2s purchased at Best Buy? Someone mentioned BB in a post and I'm guessing that meant Best Buy.

I ask because I bought and quickly returned a T10 from Best Buy yesterday. I have a gift card which I want to use towards a new MP3 player and I'd like to get a Samsung. The T10 from Best Buy is a different model, has a different firmware and, as of right now, is locked to only BB firmware updates which keeps it as MTP with Rhapsody. I just want to be positive that there isn't the same scenario with the P2.

Also, a secondary question is whether anyone has set up iTunes to sync with their UMS Samsung? I've read about the BadApple plugin and was curious if it worked well. Please no personal comments about iTunes. My wife has an iPod mini and I got a cheap AirPort Express -- our music is already set in iTunes and I use it to stream to my home theater system. I don't want to abandon it unless that is my only option.

Thanks for any help!

Old 12-16-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commiecat View Post
I'm not sure if by where you buy you're talking about country or specific store. Can you use the Korean firmware on P2s purchased at Best Buy? Someone mentioned BB in a post and I'm guessing that meant Best Buy.

I ask because I bought and quickly returned a T10 from Best Buy yesterday. I have a gift card which I want to use towards a new MP3 player and I'd like to get a Samsung. The T10 from Best Buy is a different model, has a different firmware and, as of right now, is locked to only BB firmware updates which keeps it as MTP with Rhapsody. I just want to be positive that there isn't the same scenario with the P2.

Also, a secondary question is whether anyone has set up iTunes to sync with their UMS Samsung? I've read about the BadApple plugin and was curious if it worked well. Please no personal comments about iTunes. My wife has an iPod mini and I got a cheap AirPort Express -- our music is already set in iTunes and I use it to stream to my home theater system. I don't want to abandon it unless that is my only option.

Thanks for any help!
for the firmware question... yes i meant you can buy it at any store and at any country. it really doesn't matter. You can just change the firmware to whichever one you prefer...

Old 12-16-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
for the firmware question... yes i meant you can buy it at any store and at any country. it really doesn't matter. You can just change the firmware to whichever one you prefer...
I appreciate the quick response! Looks like I'll be heading back to Best Buy today.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:54 AM

Yeah...mine was best buy version only a few hours ago...then i changed it to korean.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:08 PM

I would like to try changing to UMS but I have already upgraded my firmware to 1.2. Is there something special I have to do? Previously it was stated that you must alter your config file but there was no config.dat file with the upgrade. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I donwloaded the firmware from the Samsung site. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:21 PM

there's a config.dat file in this dl zip file: http://media.generationmp3.com/gmp3/...nate(V111).zip

just change the config info from
Code:
YP-P2
FR FR MTP
to
Code:
YP-P2
KR KR UMS

Old 12-20-2007, 11:03 PM

Oh and if it shows up as a Nero file, right click the .dat file, open it with Wordpad or Notepad.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:42 AM

yup

Old 12-22-2007, 12:35 AM

I'm having trouble converting my P2 into the Korean UMS version....I thought I would list the steps that i've done...and hope somebody can help me...

I have upgraded my P2 with the US 2.08 firmware version before deciding to convert to the korean version to gain access to the dictionary..
1. DL the file from the first post and changed it to KR KR UMS.
2. DL the Korean 2.08 version of Firmware from the first page.
3. Put all three files into the internal storage of P2
4. turned off and on...twice to install firmware.
5. checked About P2 and found that the Firmware is still in US 2.08...

did i do something wrong?

Old 12-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

maybe "downgrade" the FW, change it, then install the korean FW 2.08... maybe

Old 12-22-2007, 08:16 AM

I can confirm that downgrading the firmware works. I went back to 1.20 with the config file set to KR KR UMS. Worked perfectly and I did not lose the UMS option when upgrading back to 2.08.

Would have been nice if they followed their example in the Z5 and gave people the option of using MTP or UMS...

Old 12-22-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafluffull View Post
did i do something wrong?
Yes, you should install the Korean FW 2.08.
You'll find a link within the "FW 2.08 released" thread.
Shine On, Frank

Old 12-22-2007, 10:36 AM

Yes i had to downgrade to 1.20 before I could switch to the korean version 2.08..whew..
it was a long night...thanks for everybody's help...and merry xmas!

Old 12-22-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froes
Yes, you should install the Korean FW 2.08.
I bet it does not make a difference where you download the firmware from. All files on all Samsung servers regarding the P2 will probably have the same content and only the identification of the devices enables certain features...

Old 12-22-2007, 05:48 PM

So, to clarify, Are these the correct steps to the upgrade process for the P2?

1. get the config.dat file and change it to "KR KR UMS"
2. get the 1.20 firmware and upgrade to convert to the Korean UMS version
3. Format the drive using Windows format command like a normal USB drive to prevent the "No space for DB" error
4. get the 2.08 firmware to get the latest updates including lyrics and the dictionary.

Or do I skip the older firmware and go straight to the latest firmware while also converting to UMS and Korean firmware for the extra functionality?

--Brandon Young