android
Old 11-26-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Sansa Firmware Update install error?

Windows XP SP2

I noticed that after system reboot, the Sansa Firmware Updater was no longer displayed in my taskbar. I checked the Windows service which is supposed to run it, and it points to C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaSvr.exe, which doesn't exist, or at least on my system it doesn't. This disables the service and obviously doesn't run the Updater on system startup.

Anyone else seeing this? I tried changing it to point to sansaupdate.exe and SansaDispatch.exe, and neither worked as a service.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-26-2007, 10:48 AM

Last time I played with the Sansa Firmware Updater I was not aware that SanDisk had updated it and it just would not work or appear on the task bar either. All I did was remove the program from my pc, downloaded the latest version from the official SanDisk site, and reinstalled it...presto it worked fine

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-26-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Last time I played with the Sansa Firmware Updater I was not aware that SanDisk had updated it and it just would not work or appear on the task bar either. All I did was remove the program from my pc, downloaded the latest version from the official SanDisk site, and reinstalled it...presto it worked fine
Did it work OK after rebooting your PC?

Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM

You must have the wrong version of the updater.. uninstall the version you have and download the latest one from Sandisk's webpage.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
You must have the wrong version of the updater.. uninstall the version you have and download the latest one from Sandisk's webpage.
Funny you should say that, given that I'm the one who got Sandisk to correct the version they had at http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376 in the first place.

Or are you referring to a different version? Someone said that there is a different version at the Sansa Clip "home page" ( which I guess is deep within the horrible set of flash pages that Sandisk just put up recently ).

Old 11-26-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPlanet View Post
Funny you should say that......( which I guess is deep within the horrible set of flash pages that Sandisk just put up recently ).
I concur, the worst web site modification every (what’s up w/that stupid flash), what was/is SanDisk thinking

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-26-2007, 07:22 PM

Here's the recent firmware, without the need for the moronic Sansa Updater: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=22669

Old 11-27-2007, 08:03 AM

I reinstalled the Updater, and sure enough, it worked. Thanks jeffrok. I don't know *why* it worked, as I'm pretty sure my previous install used the Updater at the same link ( http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376 ). Anyways, from now on I'll just load the firmware directly, assuming some good API person makes it available for every release. ;-)