android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Smile Rockbox and Lossless Codecs

I just purchased a e280 version R from Costco on this past Black Friday. I did a search on lossless codec support and nothing came up on my preferred choice. I use Monkey's Audio on my home computer and I would like to use it on my new player using a Rockbox build. I went to the Rockbox site and I saw that is was on there but not sure if I interpreted what was being said correctly. So if I use a Rockbox build will I be able to just store my music on my Sansa as an .ape file and have it converted and played properly? I want to be able to keep the most amount of music on my player and any point in time and I figure that a lossless is the way to go so I don't have to go back and forth converting my files to some other codecs just so I can play them on my portable device. I have already converted all my 700 CDs into .ape files and they reside on my HDD and I use Media Center v11 to play them directly.

Also I would like to be able to just drag and drop my music files into the Sansa via Windows Explorer, is that possible with my e280R version?

Thanks!

Chuck W.

BTW: What is the largest Micro SD that this player will support?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]