Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbluewater View Post
File/folder browsing
Time remaining on music
Time and date in Settings
The Sansa developers have mentioned looking into file/folder browsing. However, the Clip just got a firmware update, so it'll be a few months probably before the next one. I'm curious to see if it will make the imminent Fuze update.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:00 AM

Just started using the Clip. I'm so spoiled by my D2's folder browsing. Now I can't stand the whole ID3 tag browsing. I really hope Sansa will include folder browsing for the next firmware update. And they should fix the way their EQ works.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:53 AM

For the time being, here's a nice workaround for folder browsing: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41782

Old 04-17-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
For the time being, here's a nice workaround for folder browsing: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41782
I definitely would recommend anyone to try it as well. It definitely helps and provides a nice temporary solution to file browsing. Very easy to use.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
For someone who has used both, would be great to see a comparison of this to the folder playlist creator written and posted by eliasf in the SanDisk Sansa Clip forum. http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...cending&page=1

Old 04-17-2009, 12:01 PM

I downloaded the other one, but find it far too complicated. The one made by S3T does exactly what I need it for, with the click of a single button.

Why don't you just try both for yourself?

Old 04-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I just downloaded them and have that on my to-do list. Am not really a playlist sorta guy, however, and in the meanwhile, I thought that someone may already have done this. I like the seeming options in eliasf's offering, but can see the attractiveness otherwise.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
First click shouldn't activate the display but should immediately execute the desired function (for the "home" and "down" button - for the "up (play/pause)" and "left/right (skip)" buttons it works like it should)
I agree. I've had the privilege of owning two Sansa Clips. The first broke down due to faulty construction even though I treated it gently. There were noticeable differences with the second one:

1. A click activated the display.
2. Battery life depleted faster.
3. The Sansa Clip turns on when disconnected from the computer.

I believe the 1-click-to-display acts like a t.v. operated by a remote control, it always sucks a little power to keep it in stand-by mode. I am more concerned about battery life, so this feature is useless to me. I don't mind clicking twice to change a song.

Also, I had my clip plugged into my computer recharging the battery last night. When I turned my computer off, the player stayed on and played all night long. I was surprised to see that my AutoPower was reset to Never.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
Just bought my 4GB Clip and fell in love
  • Whished it was possible to set display backlight to continiously on.
The dispaly is OLED and there's a major downside to having it always on. The OLED has a limited lifespan ( 5000 hours = 28 days was quoted earlier in this same thread) I've seen Clip dispalys that are burned out, it's not a pretty sight.

I'd actually prefer that clicking the volume control NOT activate the screen to conserve battery power and screen life. Often I have the clip in a pocket and adjust volume without looking at the device.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:17 PM

I only have one suggestion right now:

Remove the delay for holding up the power switch to turn on and off the clip.

I know it's a security feature, but having to push the switch up is difficult enough that I could never see it happening accidentally. It's just a pain trying to hold it up for a few seconds just to turn it off.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:53 PM

Oh it's happened accidentally for me.. Or a few times I thought I was done playing it, and then decided I wanted to keep using it.. I like the delay.. If anything, make it adjustable.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:57 PM

I'd like to see the Clip make use of ReplayGain values as well as a lot of the features already listed here in this thread.

Perhaps the insertion of an "advanced mode" (that lets you literally adjust anything one can think of - or read here ... ) which can be turned on and of for those users who wish a totally customizable Clip.

There's one further feature I'd really like to see: Since i use more than one phone, I need more than one customizable equalizer.

thinking about it: is there a way i coul probably edit the existing EQ settings (as Rock/Pop/jazz) to my taste..?

hello abi community btw ...

Old 11-08-2009, 05:36 PM

SANDISK, please freakin add browse by folder support. shouldn't be that hard, if the clip+ can do it. otherwise i'm quite happy.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Unfortunately, it is unclear if SanDisk will provide any further firmware upgrades, such as a final one, for our beloved original Clip.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:35 PM

Gapless playback and increased max volume are essential for me. Please add them Sandisk.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM

great post

-> concerning 6 (get rid of sansa updater), I have recently removed the Sansa updater from the 'startup' programs, without uninstalling it. That means it does not run all the time on my computer, but if I want to use it, I can just run it myself, instead of looking for update versions etc

-> concerning 11 (more options for central button), it would be great to have an option for "album of the day" like on the creative zen... that is, play a random album when we press/hold that button

Old 04-10-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
> Save the OLED display by having it turn off after a few minutes when plugged into a USB port. Inform users that it should never take more than 3 hours to fully recharge their Clip and tell them how to check the condition of the battery via the "Properties" window.
Is this still an issue with the Clip(+)? Seems like a significant oversight to me. I know I'm not the only person who charges their devices overnight (and then some).

Also, does the display still light up when the volume buttons are pressed? Again, this is completely useless, and probably another oversight.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 PM

What a great list DFKT... fortunately RB is somewhat stable enough to let the Clip run decently the way my music is meant to be played.

I'd love gapless though in the original firmware.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:13 PM

Not sure how much time and resources they're still investing in the Clipv1/v2, but they did improve gapless playback in the Clip+'s latest firmware - Vorbis and FLAC are 100% gapless, and LAME MP3 only has some faint clicks between tracks, but no gaps anymore. Other people report perfect gapless with MP3, but I didn't hear that yet. Still, way better than most of the competition (except iPod, some Cowons, Rockbox, etc).

Tags
feature request, firmware, sansa clip, wish list