android
Old 02-03-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I've never had a player without tag navigation, so I have no basis for comparison of it vs. folders. I'm looking forward to being able to compare and contrast though.
I had an iRiver iFP-190 which was folder-based. And to say truth, it had only 256MB of memory so the browsing method did not matter much for it did not take long even to browse through all the music.
I just suppose tags to be far more flexible than filenames/folders. Nevertheless, folder browsing would be a useful option for non-audio files, if one decides to use the Clip as a USB stick.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilrogg View Post
folder browsing would be a useful option for non-audio files, if one decides to use the Clip as a USB stick.
"Folder view" means how you navigate on the Clip. You do not browse data files from the Clip. Folders work just fine when browsing the Clip as a USB stick in Windows explorer.

Steve

Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 PM

how about showing an acurate percentage value of the volume? i want to know how much volume im selecting! like 85% etc... above the volume bar or next to it.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:56 PM

Default Other names for Sansa Clip

What are other ways to refer to Sansa Clip. I would like ot monitor the RockBox site to see when it becomes avaialbel for the Clip but I don't know what model the clip is. On the Rockbox site they have the following in their Sansa FAQ. Which of these are the Clip and is there a way ot know if it is Clip version 2.

Thanks

Which Sansa models does Rockbox currently support?

Rockbox works with audio playback on the Sansa e200 series players (e250, e260, e270, e280), the e200 Rhapsody models (e250r,e260r,e270r,e280r) and the c200 models (c240, c250).
If the USB options on your player are "MSC" and "MTP" it's non-R, if they're "Rhapsody" and "Plays for Sure" then it's R. Also, Rockbox does not function on the v2 models. The v1 firmware is named 01.xx.xx, while the v2 firmware begins with 03. This version number can be retrieved under Settings->Info.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 PM

"v1" Clips are the ones with 01.xx.xx firmwares, "v2" Clips have 02.xx.xx firmwares. You can look up which one you have in Settings > System Info.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I'm extremely happy that Rockbox for the Clip is on a steady way to becoming stable and useful, and that we don't have to rely on Sandisk anymore.

We're getting it all - and then some, thanks to the (at least) 453 people involved in Rockbox, who make this all possible.

For me, I'm getting pan/balance, file/folder browsing, gapless, last.fm scrobbling, a true parametric EQ, crossfeed, a clock, and MPC support. That's more than I could ever wish for from Sandisk.

[IMG.]http://anythingbutipod.com/images/forum/dfkt/portable_rigs/PC140078-800.jpg[/IMG]
I was wondering dfkt, I only bought my clip 2 days ago and the interface is nothing like the one you posted. Its a version 2 with the firmware it came with (2.01.16). Is the interface on the one you posted from one of the newer firmware updates? or is that a beta rockbox thing?

Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by occams_razor View Post
I was wondering dfkt, I only bought my clip 2 days ago and the interface is nothing like the one you posted. Its a version 2 with the firmware it came with (2.01.16). Is the interface on the one you posted from one of the newer firmware updates? or is that a beta rockbox thing?
since your Clip is a revision 2... (2.01.16) firmware Rockbox is not yet running on it (slightly different hardware). dfkt's Clip is a revision 1 which Rockbox is being ported to...both the Clip and the Fuze.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 03-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
since your Clip is a revision 2... (2.01.16) firmware Rockbox is not yet running on it (slightly different hardware). dfkt's Clip is a revision 1 which Rockbox is being ported to...both the Clip and the Fuze.
and yes it is a beta Rockbox, and don't hold your breath for a fully working Rockbox for your Clip.

Steve

Old 03-14-2009, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the timely response guys. I bought the Clip mainly as a standby, but its a great value for 8GB for $50. The sound quality is great and i love the small things like recording FM radio and one-touch adding to the Golist

I'm happy so far with what the Clip is, but it does feel like there is much untapped potential.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by occams_razor View Post
Thanks for the timely response guys. I bought the Clip mainly as a standby, but its a great value for 8GB for $50. The sound quality is great and i love the small things like recording FM radio and one-touch adding to the Golist

I'm happy so far with what the Clip is, but it does feel like there is much untapped potential.
the 8gb is a steal for $50, great buy...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-15-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
and yes it is a beta Rockbox, and don't hold your breath for a fully working Rockbox for your Clip.

Steve
so you are saying that Rockbox will never be released for us to use?
Amp: FiiO E5(Nationite EDITION)

Old 03-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop4life View Post
so you are saying that Rockbox will never be released for us to use?
No, I'm saying that it is not ready for prime time right now, and nobody knows when it will be ready. Also as far as I can tell, work is progressing on the V1 Clip, but there is no work being done (at least publicly) on the V2 Clip.

So "don't hold your breath", cause you'll kill yourself (or at least frustrate yourself).

Steve

Old 03-15-2009, 11:02 AM

Thanks.

My question specifically is really which model is the clip? Is it the eXXX or cXXX model?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:05 AM

The Clip is the Clip is the Clip: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...lip-review.php

Old 03-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You or Enzo should create a "facepalm" smiley

Old 03-15-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
You or Enzo should create a "facepalm" smiley
a couple...lol

Old 03-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop4life View Post
a couple...lol

Outstanding! Thank you!

Old 03-15-2009, 06:50 PM

dfkt jamming

Old 03-20-2009, 11:19 AM

Noticed this wasn't in the list on the first page, but it was first mentioned by Jeffrok and I thought I'd reiterate in case TPTB may be listening.

I think ability to add to the now playing list would be great. Being familiar with Rio players and the Vibez, I really miss being able to create a true OTG playlist: queueing up tracks, inserting tracks, appending tracks, and switching the order of tracks. If this could ever be implemented, the ability to save the playlist on the player would be great too.

My current workaround involves adding a few tracks to the GoList, playing them, then clearing the list and adding a few others. This is still inadequate, as I have to wait for the first batch of tracks to end before playing the new Golist.

I do want to add that I am very impressed with the little Clip. It's got great sound, plenty of space (8GB!), good features and is a stylish little player to boot!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:42 PM

Lightbulb

Just bought my 4GB Clip and fell in love
  • Whished it was possible to set display backlight to continiously on.
  • Have a 'display stays on while showing the graphical equalizer spectrum' option.
  • Make the Led ring flash when the grapical equalizer spectrum enters anywhere in the yellow/orange area.

Tags
feature request, firmware, sansa clip, wish list