android
Old 09-21-2008, 04:13 AM

All I want is gapless playback. I really got used to it in past six months and listening to music WITH the gaps between tracks is really.. weird, unnatural. FLAC support is unnecessary for me, I am pretty satisfied with OGG Vorbis support :-).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-28-2008, 05:02 PM

It would really be nice if it continued to the next podcast (well, actually, I'm using the AUDIOBOOKS directory because that makes it sort the episodes from oldest to newest) after reaching the end of the last episode you have for that particular podcast instead of forcing me to navigate to the next one manually.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:06 AM

fix ratings appearing wrong on the computer (WMP)

allow MSC to view MTP files and vice versa.

customizing the display as mentioned:
song title
artist / album

Old 10-13-2008, 09:46 AM

Default Deleting Audiobook

In 01.01.30A version of firmware, pressing DOWN key while playing an AudioBook brings up a menu, one of whose entries allows you to "Delete Book". This only deletes a single sound file, not the whole book, but it is a bit confusing. It is especially so when you are playing the book with Ch. Mode turned on, in which case you are conceptually playing an individual "chapter" and expect "Delete Book" to delete the whole collection of chapters, not just the single chapter you are playing.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

My wish is that once the 8gb model comes out, the 2 gb drops to around $25...I'd snatch one right up and then keep the clipless Fuze home safe

Old 10-19-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
My wish is that once the 8gb model comes out, the 2 gb drops to around $25...
I've bought both of ours on sale, one was $28.00 and the other $34.00, both new. I'd rather wish for the rockbox port done and that it'll work on the 2gb & the 8gb.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-28-2008, 08:56 PM

It would be very nice if the voice can be sped up without changing the pitch, similar to the way "sox" utility can do with its "tempo" effects, although I do not know if Clip has enough horsepower to compute WSOLA algorithm in real-time.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Not too sure if this was mentioned: It would be nice if a button can be pressed to take in people when they talk. For instance, if I am listening to music through IEMs, when a person speaks it would be great to press a button, the music pauses, and the person's voice is then magnified so I don't have to take the phones out of my ears or stop the music to figure out what they're saying.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffthree View Post
Personally I'd just like for SanDisk to break away from the rest of the herd and do something incredible and unbelievable; open-source the firmware and SDK for the clip.!
GMTA!

I was going to say how nice it would be if they'd provide an API for their stuff. Think of how much larger their potential market would be if third parties could *easily* expand on the capabilities of the products. It is inevitable that people would add features and functions that would never have occurred "inside the gates" simply because so many additional minds would be at work -- it would be a win-win for everyone.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
Not too sure if this was mentioned: It would be nice if a button can be pressed to take in people when they talk. For instance, if I am listening to music through IEMs, when a person speaks it would be great to press a button, the music pauses, and the person's voice is then magnified so I don't have to take the phones out of my ears or stop the music to figure out what they're saying.
Sounds like you need a shure-pth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHURE-PUSH-TO-HE...2%7C240%3A1318

Old 11-29-2008, 03:21 PM

Something I'm surprised no one has requested -- an easily user-replaceable battery. I'm thinking something along the lines of a "cell-phone-like" setup, where perhaps the bottom half of the back of the unit was the battery case, with a thumbnail latch to snap it out and then snap in a fresh battery. I'd wager they'd sell quite a few batteries to folks who wanted to "take-with" when heading out -- a player and a couple of spares, so that they didn't have to mess with travel chargers, finding an outlet, etc.

I picked up three 1GB refurbs ($9.99 ea) to keep on hand for spare parts (mainly clips and batteries), but I'd probably have paid that much or more for a spare battery I could easily snap onto the back of the player.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I didn't know this was available. Sounds like a plan.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
I didn't know this was available. Sounds like a plan.
You can read a few lines about it in the se530 review.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:04 PM

I would like to be able to sort by composer. That's a feature I miss at each and every DAP (except iPods). Also, I believe it'd be better if the currently selected entry in a list is always shown in the middle line of the screen. Having only such a small "viewing window" on the list, I consider paging through it more straining.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:33 AM

My feature request:

1) A smaller duration for backlight (like 2 seconds)
2) Lower brightness (somewhat too bright in the night even at the lowest setting)
3) Turn off blue ring light
4) Ability to skip in both directions for FM presets
5) Faster scrolling of the information in the 'now playing' screen (it literally crawls!)
6) Some kind of a volume normalizer (may be this one is too much to ask)

I usually find many things unsatisfactory in other players... but I really cant complain much about this little gem apart from the previous requests... Sansa please, do you hear us? Don't I love the "resume previous play" after listening to radio for a while...

Old 12-13-2008, 02:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannayar View Post
My feature request:

1) A smaller duration for backlight (like 2 seconds)
2) Lower brightness (somewhat too bright in the night even at the lowest setting)
3) Turn off blue ring light
4) Ability to skip in both directions for FM presets
5) Faster scrolling of the information in the 'now playing' screen (it literally crawls!)
6) Some kind of a volume normalizer (may be this one is too much to ask)

I usually find many things unsatisfactory in other players... but I really cant complain much about this little gem apart from the previous requests... Sansa please, do you hear us? Don't I love the "resume previous play" after listening to radio for a while...
Well, #1 and #5 are kinda contradictory, don't you think? I'm now using 15 seconds for the backlight, that usually lets me read the now playing screen.
#2 I'm ok with the brightness minimum at night
#3 Yeah, this is a common complaint, it doesn't bother me though.
#4 I guess this would be nice. I just hold "left " on the 4-way pad until it's gone by the station I'm looking for then advance through the presets 'til I get there.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:13 PM

Speed up the sideways scrolling the song titles. It takes 15-seconds to scroll across the screen from right to left. Three to five seconds would be much better as long as the letters don't blur.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:01 PM

I'm extremely happy that Rockbox for the Clip is on a steady way to becoming stable and useful, and that we don't have to rely on Sandisk anymore.

We're getting it all - and then some, thanks to the (at least) 453 people involved in Rockbox, who make this all possible.

For me, I'm getting pan/balance, file/folder browsing, gapless, last.fm scrobbling, a true parametric EQ, crossfeed, a clock, and MPC support. That's more than I could ever wish for from Sandisk.

So basically, I lost all interest in Sandisk's firmware updates, since they would never satisfy my needs anyway.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:34 PM

With the Clip being offered now in 8GB capacities, it definitely needs upgrading on the Go-List features, like what was recently implemented on the Fuze. Being able to add whole albums and artists to the Go-List would be great. Also being able to add a song to the end of the Now Playing queue would be great, too, or even better, to add a song to "play next." I would love to see that in my Fuze, as well.

... or I could just Rockbox it, which is probably what I will eventually do ... LOL

Sandisk Sansa E280R + 4GB MicroSDHC (Rockbox baby), Sansa Fuze 4GB Red, Sansa 1GB Clip (2 of them) ($15.00 Buy.com!), Creative Zen 16GB, Zen Vision:M 30GB, Zen Vision:W 60GB, JVC FX66 Air Cushions.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:22 PM

(I'm afraid I'm going off-topic )
I don't understand what Clip model you have, dfkt.
As I understood from RB dev. forum, rockbox can run (in alpha state) nowadays on rev.1 hardware, right? rev.2 is still far from this point, or am I wrong?
I just bought an 8 GB Clip (a rev.2, obviously) but I can wait happy
Anyway, amazing your last picture! (and you like Opeth too )

Good Music
Massimo

Tags
feature request, firmware, sansa clip, wish list