android
Old 06-04-2008, 04:32 AM

I would appreciate an option to switch between elapsed and remaining time during playback.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-07-2008, 03:46 AM

I'd love to see a normalizer and gapless playback.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
The ability to add to the "Now playing" list..

Let's say you select Artist "A", Album "A" and it's all queued up..

and you want to listen to "Artist "B", Album "B" next.. but you want the player to know this so that you don't have to wait til the end of Album A to manually select Album B...

The ability to "Add to end of now playing list".. or similar terminology.
This functionality is badly needed in all Sansa players, add to that the ability to save the playlist and I will be a one happy customer!

Old 06-14-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loconavi View Post
This functionality is badly needed in all Sansa players, add to that the ability to save the playlist and I will be a one happy customer!
I LOVE this feature. There is one like it similar on MediaMonkey that I use by right clicking>Play Next.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:10 PM

Apparently SanDisk does not want the time remaining feature to be on the Clip. Why?! I have no idea. Seems like that would be some pretty low hanging fruit to make people happy.

Taken from http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...cending&page=2
Quote:
The time remaining will not be included in a future firmware release of the Sansa Clip. A future model may include the feature, but not the current product.

Time remaining is available on some other Sansa Products.

Regards,
SansaFix

Old 06-15-2008, 12:13 PM

Lol... that's ridiculous. A "formal" declining of the easiest to implement feature one could think about.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:49 PM

ha! Now that I look at it you're right. I saw the guy's name in red and assumed he was a Sansa employee, but on second thought...nah!
lol!

Old 06-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The other day, using the device in real life, I would have preferred to know the time remaining rather than time elapsed, to gauge if I had time to finish listening to a song. Odd that SanDisk doesn't offer this with a firmware upgrade--I keep hearing people say how easy it would be to do. Why not a simple option, to display either time elapsed or time remaining (if there's not sufficient space on the display for both)? Or a third option, to alternate between the two.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:11 AM

I'd like to see the "Sleep" feature let you choose how many minutes to sleep. No, not just give you a few presets like "10", "20", etc. Why can't you choose how many minutes?! Even my old iRiver iFP-300 can do that.

It seems like they really rushed to get this out, but with just a little more effort they really have a lot of undeveloped potential. It's frustrating in a way. It's an opportunity for Sansa to blow their competition out of the water but they are passing up the chance, even though these features are very basic!

Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM

I'd like to see an option for user-selectable features to the middle button while playing (other than the graphic equalizer view). Some ideas would be a quick display of the power remaining, or time remaining on the song, or a brief "super-bright" display for those 4GB players out in the sun.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:07 AM

What about a customizable display?
I'd like to see it like

Song Title
Artist / Album

instead of the current

Artist
Song Title/Album

Old 07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdow View Post
or a brief "super-bright" display for those 4GB players out in the sun.
Now that's a great idea! It actually would be helpful for all the players in the sun.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:32 AM

Where can I find the feature request article on the main site? I'm gonna send it to the sandisk company and see if they say anything.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

There's a Features Request forum at the SanDisk forum site, as well as a Clip thread as part of that.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar....id=262&page=3

Having said that, you might want to post in the Clip forum, where I think people tend to look for Clip-related items.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board?board.id=clip

Old 07-13-2008, 02:38 AM

I meant the article that was written on this site.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't know if SanDisk monitors matters here--I know that it does so actively at its own forums.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
I don't know if SanDisk monitors matters here--I know that it does so actively at its own forums.
They do read our forums...

Old 08-04-2008, 10:37 PM

For some reason podcasts put in the 'podcast" folder run in reverse sequence (i.e. 5 then 4 then 3 ect.). I'd like very much to see that fixed.

If anyone else out there is annoyed by this just put your files into the "audio books" folder and they'll play in order. Thanks to dfkt for the tip.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive-In-Freak View Post
For some reason podcasts put in the 'podcast" folder run in reverse sequence (i.e. 5 then 4 then 3 ect.). I'd like very much to see that fixed.

If anyone else out there is annoyed by this just put your files into the "audio books" folder and they'll play in order. Thanks to dfkt for the tip.
I'm guessing it's like that, because podcasts are like radio shows, and are dated, so the clip reads them in reverse sequence, so that it shows the newest one first

Old 08-06-2008, 05:57 PM

Personally I'd just like for SanDisk to break away from the rest of the herd and do something incredible and unbelievable; open-source the firmware and SDK for the clip.

It's just a little player, and it's different enough from the rest of their products that they won't be giving away big time trade secrets or resources. The player is popular enough that I'm sure some developer or group of them would adopt it and free SanDisk from even having to bother with making their own firmware updates. They really are in a unique position here, with such an inexpensive and enormously popular player, they really could take a huge chunk of the market away from Apple by just going open-source with this one little player. It's not like they make money of their firmware updates anyway, so why not let us (the community) see what we can do with it?

I know it's wishful thinking, and I know everyone can give me ten reasons it wont ever happen, but please SanDisk, think about it. Imagine how groundbreaking and incredible it could be! Sandisk made a fine product, now it's time for them to let us help them push it to it's limits!

Tags
feature request, firmware, sansa clip, wish list