android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 11-23-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Clip or Price dip? Which one has better sound? E250 or Clip?

Please help me out. I saw the Best Buy ad for this weekend advertising the Sansa, and was thinking about buying it. Then I looked closer, and realized it was one of the “doorbuster” items. I am sure you know what those are, but if not, they are items that can only be bought with the help of tickets. Only if you arrived in line on Wednesday can you gain these Magic Tickets. Each one enables you to buy one “Doorbuster” item, and there are only so many tickets. The tickets are also suspected to be the only know cure for cancer, but hell if any of the scientists can wrest them away from shoppers to test this.

This fact caused me to think again. I would wait starting Wednesday for a two hundred dollar laptop, but not for a 35 dollar MP3 player. (Normally $60.) I also didn't have 235 to buy both. (Plus tax.) I had thirty bucks, plus change. A 25 dollar saving was not worth waiting for, even if I started at three in the morning. Maybe if I got there at seven maybe some would be left nonetheless.
<O
Just in case, I researched alternatives. I found that the Sansa e250 is legendary. Not only is supposed to be good, but it works with Rockbox. Thus, I resigned myself to “settiling” for one of those.
<O
However, when I got there at eight, there were tons left. So, I bought one to try it out. As I speak, it is still charging. Now, rockbox has quite a few features, not the least which of is it’s ability to play txt files. However, No matter how many features it has, or how much it can display album art, if the newest model has better sound, as the review seems to be saying, that is what I will stick to. So I ask you, forum readers, please help me. Which one has better sound quality on the same headphones or speakers.
<O
P.S. Could someone post picks or a video of Rockbox displaying text? Just below Cruelworld posted a video. However, can anyone send a video with the txt file reaing highlighted? This one highlights everything, and it keeps going out of focus. No offense, Cruelworld, but that kinda didn't give me a clear view.
<O

Last edited by catabor; 11-23-2007 at 02:07 PM. Reason: UnXML'ed, and added emphasis.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Zune Moderator

Clip has better sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1kNoMUTIP0

Old 11-23-2007, 01:49 PM

We still have a e260 in the house and havenít bought the clip yet, but soon will. Based on EnzoTenís review and all the peps Iíve spoke with the Clip wins hands down.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-23-2007, 03:36 PM

I walked into Best Buy at 1:30 PM today and they had at least 25 of the 2GB clips still available, so I snagged one. Somebody stole my 2Gb Stone plus when I forgot it at work, so this actually looks like a better player than the stone anyways.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:03 PM

They weren't just door busters. They are on sale for this price through Saturday 11/24. I bought two of them around noon today at BB for our boys for Xmas. Unfortunately, I won't be able to open them for a month, but I have read good reviews so far in various places, including BB and CNET.

I have a 16GB View, my wife as a e270, and the View sounds better than the e270, and from what I have 'heard' so far, the clip sounds better than the e2xx series, as well.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:17 PM

I couldn't believe there were so many left at my BB, also! At least 30 of them, of varying colors. The g.p. just doesn't know a good deal sometimes!

Old 11-23-2007, 07:38 PM

If it was even a 1GB Ipod for that price you know they would be sold out within minutes. The general public is goofy.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:22 AM

While it's generally agreed that the Clip has the better sound when the e250 is running the Sandisk firmware, I'm not sure if this is true if you've got the Rockbox firmware installed on the e250. That is, the Rockbox firmware's ability to give you more control over the EQ settings may (or may not) overcome any limitations in the e250 hardware.

Not sure whether anybody reading this forum has both devices, and has Rockbox (or is willing to install it) on the e250, and test this out.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
I couldn't believe there were so many left at my BB, also! At least 30 of them, of varying colors. The g.p. just doesn't know a good deal sometimes!
jeffrok, I just checked the BB near our house and picked one up too So if anyone's interested in the Clip, there's lots left at BB for the $34.99 sale price

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
jeffrok, I just checked the BB near our house and picked one up too So if anyone's interested in the Clip, there's lots left at BB for the $34.99 sale price
I'm a Canadian, and it doesn't seem to have made it there yet.

I happen to be in the US at the moment. Northern Calif yesterday and Oregon Coast today. Headed back through Spokane. Unfortunately the BB's that I might get to don't seem to have 'em (according to the online listing).

Steve

Old 11-24-2007, 10:32 PM

you can get them online at best buy now for the $35 price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....egories&ks=960

check out the DLO Action Jacket for more than half the price of the player. And they'll be coming out with a blue one soon too.

Think they could squeeze a microSD slot into this for the next gen? Heck, I'd just like to see this exact sized player with no memory but have a full sized SD slot. Imagine 16gigs of flash in this size.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:35 AM

They are actually 56.99 at bestbuy.com, not 34.99. Save a big 3 bucks...lol. When you see them listed they show 34.99, but when you click on one or add it to your cart it's ringing up 56.99.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:45 AM

Well you missed it about an hour and 35 minutes. It was a Friday and Saturday sale.

Though it says it's also part of the Cyber Monday sale which is supposed to have started on Sunday. So maybe it will go back to that price around 6 or 7am. The sale says all ipods and mp3 players and the link takes you to the list with the Clip on it. So wait till morning and see what it says.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:54 AM

I guess the 3 dollars off is the "sale" now..lol.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:49 AM

if e200 with rockbox, sounds like c200 with rockbox, i can say one thing, clip blows it away ( with sound quality )

Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 AM

If you guys can wait until after Christmas, there'll probably be a good number of Clips available on eBay.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:37 PM

Default HELP!

Hey

I need help at my decision making concerning buying either the Sansa Clip or the Sansa C250.

For me, the most important criterium is the sound (heights, bass, volume, general tone).

So, I wanna ask you: Who of those two has the better sound?

Any recommendations?

Would be thankful for any post!

Old 01-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ludwigthesecond, the Clip has better sound then e200 series.

BTW, welcome to ABi>>, too.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:49 PM

Thanks for you answer, one question left:

Can you compare the sound quality of the Creative MuVo v100 with the Sansa Clip? Which one is better concerning bass, heights and volume?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:31 PM

Purely from a sound quality standpoint - the Clip easily wins...

That's comparing it to either the (stock) E2xx or the Creative MuVo v100.

The only micro DAP that can truly rival the Sansa Clip, sonically, is the iRiver S10.

BTW, the Clip is also the sound quality champ when pit against both my Sansa View/16gb and E280/RockBox...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dav's Clip and S10.jpg (69.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Dav's Sansa Family 001.jpg (109.4 KB, 23 views)