android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune

Old 11-22-2007, 05:36 PM

Help Would you choose a Zune MP3 player over a Creative Zen?

i have a creative zen mp3 player right now - vplus, 2gb. i was looking for an upgrade (anything but an ipod of course haha) and was wondering if zune was a good alternative. what are its advantages/disadvantages in contrast to the creative zen? and which model would you recommend? =) i'm looking for something that stores 4gb songs or more. thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-30-2007, 07:31 AM

The 80GB Zune is some of the best value on the market right now.

As someone who has owned several Zens and used a Zune for an extended period of time, I can tell you that the Zune is much, much better.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:26 PM

I concur... if you can still find a Zune 30 for $100 or less, THAT is the best value on the market. You have a choice of old and new firmware and software. Rock solid player. No fingerprints, scratches or smudges. Although it has less features than my Creative Zen Vision:M, using my Zune has been far more enjoyable that I gave the ZVM to my daughter and bought a 2nd Zune on Black Friday just so that I'd have the choice of using both versions of the firmware.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:45 PM

I had a 30gb Zune and had some issues with it - more with the software than hardware. The only thing I didn't like about the hardware was the size of the player. Of course, when the HD crashed, I spent considerable time on the phone with Microsoft trying to get approval to send it in for repair. I decided against getting it "refurbished" and returned it to Best Buy for a full refund, since I got the 2 year product replacement plan when I bought it. Anyway, I ended up buying a 32Gb Zen instead and in all honesty, I am much happier with it than I was with the Zune. To each his own though. What works for one, doesn't necessarily work for all. I highly recommend finding friends with one and checking theirs out before you decide. That's how I ended up with the Zen. Someone at work had one, I tried it out, played with it for about an hour and decided that it was better for me. I know this post is kind of old and don't know what you ended up doing, but good luck with your decision.

I love to give homemade gifts...which one of the children would you like?