android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Express

Old 11-22-2007, 03:47 PM

Help 1GB express; How can you tell when recharging is complete?

Just got a 1gb express

Last night I charged the battery for 6 hours and the readout just continued to show the "charging mode" with no way to know if it was done. I finally unplugged the xpress and checked and the battery indicator showed it was fully charged...but How can you tell while charging?

And how long does it usually take to fully charge the battery when it's down to nearly empty?

Please advise. Many thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2007, 09:40 PM

The display will go from "Charging" to "Charged" when it's finished. I've never actually run my empty to know how long a full charge would take.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:30 AM

The first SE I had w/ the earlier firmware was the same. It wouldn't show when it was done charging, but the new one I have with a more recent firmware does show when the charging is complete. Looks like your SE is an earlier version.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 PM

Still, he should be able to flash his firmware to the newer one and get the "charged" result when charge is full, right?

Old 12-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yea, try updating the firmware and see it that fixes it.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:10 AM

Unhappy

SanDisk hasn't released a firmware update for the Express since the 4th of July, 2007. If you install v1.01.01A, you will find that if you leave the express plugged into a USB port long enough, the text display will eventually change from "Charging" to "Charged." You will have to look very closely to see this! The Sansa dog continues to drag his butt across the display like a pooch with worms, and the battery icon indicates that it is still "filling up." There are other problems with the battery indicator. I hadn't used mine for several weeks but found it played OK and the battery icon indicated half full. After about 5 minutes it shut down. I restarted it and it played for about 2 minutes before shutting down. The battery icon continued to show half charge which should have provided several hours of playing time, but after several more tries I gave up. I thought it might be broken, but when I had a chance to plug into a USB port and charge it up again, it started working fine. This is another one of those little problems that could probably be fixed with firmware but that I doubt will ever happen. Those of you waiting for a fix for your Kingston memory are likely SOL

Old 04-13-2008, 09:34 AM

Although at first i was using 00.01.15P2, my sansa express can show whether the battery is full by the word "charging" and "charged".

Initially, i also dont know when to stop charging.
After look carefully, i found the difference.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:34 AM

The Express 1GB Should Say "Charging" But "Charged" When It Is Done.
And BTW It Takes 2 Hours To Fully Charge