android
Old 11-19-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Replacement P2 data cable. Ya, I priced it...

So I need a replacement cable for my P2. Maybe you guys have some ideas.

My idea was to call Samsung Canada, after determining not a single store selling the P2 had any accessories. (not a protective cover, nothing) Samsung referred me to Global Electronic Supplies in Mississauga. It took them 4 days to get back to me, since they didn't know what the part number was. (which was great of them actually)

The major problem is the data cable is $26.10 + tax + shipping, which is between $10 and $15. I didn't realize the cable was 20% of the cost of the player!

You know, this kind of pointless crap is enough to make me regret buying the player. There's not a single Samsung accessory for any Samsung player that I can see, let alone one that would warrant a special plug. Isn't like every single cell phone on the market moving to mini-usb plugs? Is there some USB chip in the cable itself that makes the need for anything more than USB wires coming out of the thing?

Any ideas? You might want to think about it incase you lose your cable and find you can't:

a) charge the battery anymore

b) transfer data, because you lost it BEFORE they release the new firmware with Bluetooth file transfer support.

Fun!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-19-2007, 09:36 PM

It's the same cable that's on the K5. I don't have a problem with it being proprietary.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

my suggestion: try a bit harder to not lose the cable.

Seriously, if you know it's proprietary, then you should focus extra extra hard on not losing it cause you can't just go out and get another one whenever you feel like it...

Old 11-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, its a good thing that the P2's battery life if pretty good so that the battery may last you for a weekend trip. What you could also do is maybe find and old T9 which is very cheap ($5 or little more) and use that one's cable

Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 PM

Buy the belkin power kit that is labelled for the T9, K3, K5. It's available at both Best Buy and Future Shop.

It works just fine for the T10, P2 and S5. It just doesn't have the new labels on the packaging.

It comes with a USB Cable, USB-Wall Adapter, USB-Car Lighter Adapter. Everything that you need.

Pricing is between $35-49 (depending if it's on sale or not).

Hope that helps.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Some of the above suggestions are definitely worth considering. I just wanted to bring to your attention that the cable used by the P2 is not only common to all other newer Samsung DAPs, but also several HP iPAQ models, LG mobiles and the iriver clix (first gen). You can probably find a replacement LG cable in an electronics store somewhere, which I'd imagine is your cheapest option.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under View Post
You know, this kind of pointless crap is enough to make me regret buying the player.
This kind of crap should make you more responsible. If I lost my cable, I'd be mad at myself instead of trying to figure out how to blame Samsung for being kind enough to offer replacements.

Have you ever bought OEM car parts, camera batteries, laptop batteries, cellphone batteries, or anything like that? If you have, this type of pricing should be no surprise to you. Shop around and redirect your anger into something more constructive.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under View Post

You know, this kind of pointless crap is enough to make me regret buying the player.
lol, wow. grow up

Old 01-13-2008, 01:28 AM

most of samsungs palyers use the same cable, try ebay and search for it

Old 01-13-2008, 01:50 AM

here you go i did the reasearch for you
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Data-Hotsync...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-13-2008, 02:17 AM

Makes you regret buying the player its ur fault for losing it! (i know everyone said it already but it needs to be said) Id say pay for it thats what you get for losing samsung is good but oh-!you!-lost-it-let-me-give-you-it-for-free.. good. Btw im curious how did you happen to lose it?

Old 01-13-2008, 09:10 AM

Meritline.com has one for $6.99 with free shipping. You can't beat that deal. I'm pretty sure it is the exact same one on ebay as the slip cases they sell are the same too. Be careful with it this time.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:51 PM

that is an good question, how the heck did you loose the cable? IF ANYTHING you should looser the player first!!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:02 PM

THANK YOU coppertop

. I TOOK YOU'RE ADVICE AND I WENT TO BESTBUY 2 DAY AND I BROUGHT THE BERLKIN CHARGING KIT (FOR SAMSUNG K3,K5,T9) .... I WAS SO HAPPY THAT I WAS ABLE TO CHARGE MY SAMSUNG YP-P2 .... THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:50 AM

a replacement from Samsung for the usb cable is $21.39+tax

and i work in a Samsung repair centre, we get parts for cost, so the price given by global is fairly close, mind you we order from them as well, and they're fairly cheap

Old 02-18-2008, 12:51 AM

Default another source for the usb cable

At the Samsung support website, I found this link to SumsungParts.com, where they sell the USB cable for the P2 for $8.95. They have a wall charger there, too, for $11.75. Check it out, if you're still looking for a cable.

http://www.samsungparts.com/search/s...modelid=480163

Old 08-24-2008, 01:12 PM

Sorry to resurrect and ancient thread, but this should work yeah?
http://www.kikatek.com/product_info....source=froogle

Old 08-25-2008, 10:16 PM

I don't know for sure. I can tell you that this one will work:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=298615

It's a charging kit for the K5 and T9. It also fits the T10 and P2. And since the Belkin website shows the charger for the Z5 as a separate item from the K5/T9 charger, I suppose it could be different. What is at issue is the plug that fits into the player . . . that has to be right.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:10 AM

I believe I may give samsung a mail- cheers anyways

Old 09-06-2008, 09:50 AM

Ok- so the one I asked about won't work.
Thing is though, the one you advised has a US socket, and I'm none too sure if it would work with UK mains, which work at a different voltage.
Any ideas?