android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung

Old 11-18-2007, 03:23 PM

Lightbulb Going Crazy - Want Samsung Ogg Player with AA/AAA Battery (i.e. External) - HELP!!!

Hiya Guys, I've been looking like crazy but can't find enough accurate information on all the different Samsung players to decide which one to buy as an urgent replacement for my older one that just broke. It MUST play Ogg Vorbis (I know that most Samsung players do support it) It also MUST use an external battery (AA or AAA). This is where the problem starts - I just can't find solid information to make my decision on which one to buy. It also must have 1GB+ (the more the better). Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry to disappoint you Dragon, but there are no current Samsung players which have a removeable AA or AAA battery. Most people find that a built-in rechargeable battery is much cheaper and more convenient. Each Samsung player with a sub-forum supports Ogg Vorbis with the exception of the U3 (As far as I know).

Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 PM

I think U3 does support OGG. I think that all samsungs do. Problem is, since MTP and WMP doesn't support OGG in the protocol specifically, you need to use SMS to transfer. I can't confirm however, since i don't use OGG.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 AM

Er mate, I actually own a Samsung player that takes a AA battery (YP-C1Z, that just broke). Also, I know that the YP-C1D takes a AA battery with up to 42 hours life. & the YP-F1 takes a AAA & lasts 20 hours. I know there's more, which is why I was asking...

Old 11-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Samsung Moderator

You can have AA battery if you want old model lol
You can maybe find one of them on ebay