android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Other Brands > Meizu

Old 09-26-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Just had a weird/bad experience on another DAP fan forum

I just joined and posted this question on MeizuMe about an hour ago... http://www.meizume.com/showthread.php?t=3583

Quote:
Does anybody know what the new chip(s) are in the M6 SL?

Meizu made sure to point out in their press release that the new M6 SL will have a new audio chip with improved sound quality. For over two weeks now I've been trying to find out what new chip they are using. Come on Meizu, you can let us know, it's not like it's a state secret.
--and got the following response from the admin of the forum...

Quote:
No. Why is exactly what chip the M6 SL uses even important to the end-user?
--am I crazy in thinking that's a really bizarre reply from the admin of a fan forum, where you'd think it would be expected that people would want to discuss every little detail of their favourite player?

Then, I'm quickly attacked by a forum member as appearing to be too dumb to even warrant knowing that kind of info...

Quote:
it doesn't sound like you would know the difference between... say a burr brown DAC vs a TI. given your word selection, it doesn't even seem like you know what a DAC even is--which would leave me to believe that for all intents and purposes it should not matter to you one bit. do you care what metal meizu is using in the casing? what about the solder, do you obsess if it's tin/lead vs one with silver in it?
I hope it's ok to post about my experience on another forum here. I just wanted to share this with others and see if my take on this is all wrong and this is actually normal for a DAP fan forum. Here's a link to the thread... http://www.meizume.com/showthread.php?t=3583

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-26-2007, 08:24 PM
ABI Founder

lame... one reason to stick with us here at abi>> =)

Old 09-26-2007, 09:33 PM
ABI Invaluable

greggish, Welcome to abi >>

I rather enjoyed reading your reply to yao…heh

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-25-2008, 12:29 PM

Sounds like something that happened to me at Head-Fi, they banned me because I reported a moderator for cursing in a public fourm. I guess leed through example doesnt mean much these days. Nice response you got from them, "your not smart enough to know what to do with that knowledge anyway". Hope everyone is doing well,,,!!!

Hard Head