android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2 > Samsung P2 Accessories

Old 10-31-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Did your P2 come with a Crystal Case and Screen Protectors?

I was at my local Frys Electronics and I noticed that their stock of 4GB YP P2's came with a sepearate box labeled "Crystal Case and Screen Protectors." The in stock models from Best Buy and Circuit City did NOT have this box. Hmmm...

For those of you that are fortunate enough to live near a few stores that carry the P2, it might be worth it to ask the salesperson if you could see the retail packaging. The extra accessories come in a seperate smaller box that is fastened to the main packaging via plastic ribbon (The price is also the same -- $199.99).

There's also a rumour going around that early purchasers of the 8GB YP P2 will receive TWO extra cases: 1) The Crystal Case and 2) An orange leather(ette?) flip case. Here's a link for more details:

http://www.yeppyepp.net/index.php?topic=12.0

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to guarantee whether or not you'll receive these extra goodies

Your best bet is to probably ask your online dealer...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-31-2007, 11:13 PM

That person bought it from Korea. Either got someone to deliver it to him or bought it through Gmarket. It was for a limited time in Korea for the first people that had pre-ordered the P2 before the release, in any capacity. He posted it before the 8 GB versions ever appeared elsewhere in store.

As for this happening elsewhere, I haven't read anything about it. I hope it's true though, because I would love to get those cases with the player.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:12 AM

Yeah, I was at my local Fry's Electronics yesterday and I noticed them too. I thought it was awesome. Free protection? That's awesome!

Old 11-16-2007, 01:00 PM

I just wanted to update everyone on the extra crystal case that I saw at Frys. I was at Circuit City yesterday and I noticed that their latest shipment DOES include the extra crystal case. This has also been confirmed by mark041 who bought his at Best Buy.

I noticed that Enzo's review made no mention of an extra case so it might be worthwhile to puchase a P2 at your local Frys, CC, or BB.

mark041, can you confirm if your crystal case is the same as the one in the link that I posted above? (Does is have the ugly blue mettalic back?)

Old 11-16-2007, 03:50 PM

The one at Best Buy seems to be plastic. The person said it didn't actually come with it, because the employee there said she could take one for free, actually took all 3 different colors. I don't think they have it packaged together over there. I got this resource from Soompi, but you would have to register to see the post. She said it was not durable. I'm gonna go check out Best Buy later to see if I could get one for free.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:33 PM

Amazon 8 meg. No case

Old 11-16-2007, 06:16 PM

Unhappy What? CircuitCity came with the case?

I just got mine last week from CC.com, and there was no case. But, it does have the screen protector.

Why the different treatment? Maybe whoever prepares my package riped off the case?

Old 11-16-2007, 06:59 PM

The BB and CC in my area are extremely unorganized when it comes to their new players. As I mentioned above, Frys packages both boxes TOGETHER via crisscrossed plastic ribbon. The Crystal Case boxes that I saw at CC were placed adjacent to the P2 boxes (No combined packaging). If memory serves me correctly, there is no bar code of any sort on the Crystal Case box. I'm guessing (hoping) that this is Samsung's latest attempt to justify the premium price of the P2. If this is the case (pun intended), then prospective new buyers are in for a nice bonus. Unfortunately, people who already bought the P2 without the case may be out of luck . I'll go to Frys this weekend and take a picture of the combined packaging -- Maybe it will help some of you persuade an uninformed sales clerk about the free accessory!

For anyone that owns this case, can you please give us your thoughts?

Here are a few questions I have:
  • Does it give give full access to the docking port and lanyard hole?
  • Is it easy to install/remove?
  • What does the back look like? (Clear or colored?)
  • Can larger/L-Shaped plugs fit through the headphone hole?

Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 PM

I bought the P2 at bestBuy. As I was leaving the store the salesman ran up to me to hand me the extra box with the crystal case. The box did not also have a screen protector (that comes in the P2 box).

1. Yes, full access to docking port and lanyard.
2. Yes, just pop open the top.
3. Colored - mine is blue.
4. I don't know. The hole is available for the headphone. Use bluetooth phones anyway!

Old 11-16-2007, 09:19 PM

They give it to you in an extra box? Hmm...why would it be in a box for a case or is it just a small box? Maybe I'm just thinking too much right now.

Is it possible for you to take a picture of it Markr041, if you can?

Old 11-16-2007, 09:46 PM

I got the Crystal Case. It's a separate box that can't fit inside the original case. It has no UPC code.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:10 AM

My local fry's just got the 8gig models. For some reason, they don't come with the screen protectors while the 4gigs do.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:15 AM

Got my p2 something like 2 weeks ago, and it came with the crystal case and screen protector. Ordered it in the Netherlands, but dont rlly use the crystal case, it takes away the looks from the p2.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:02 PM

Whoops! I went to my local Frys today to take a picture of the Crystal Case packaging but I forgot my camera.

Here's something new that I noticed:

As Yangster mentioned, there are actually 3 different colors for the back of the case: Blue, Gold, and Silver.

So if you're lucky enough to find a store that carries the extra case, be sure to ask the salesperson if you could look at the back of the Crystal Case packaging -- There's a small hole that indicates the color of the back.

Here's something annoying: My local Frys now carries the 8GB P2 but it DOESN"T come with a Crystal Case!

Old 11-20-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydini View Post

As Yangster mentioned, there are actually 3 different colors for the back of the case: Blue, Gold, and Silver.

My crystal case has a red back, so i guess there are at least 4 colors.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:58 PM

so... does frys 8gb come with the case?? i'm planning on going tomorrow morning to the burbank one to get the p2... 5am

Old 11-24-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen100989 View Post
so... does frys 8gb come with the case?? i'm planning on going tomorrow morning to the burbank one to get the p2... 5am
I'm just wandering if you went to get one? I plan on ordering the 8 GB online from them since it's the cheapest and curious to know if it does come with one.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:32 PM

i went yesterday to the frys in burbank... found the 8gb p2... they have ~20 on the shelf... no case according to wat i saw

i'm not sure about the cases though cus i did hear some ppl getting their cases cus ppl at best buy and circuit city give it at the register... don't know about frys though

Old 11-25-2007, 10:54 AM

Bought a P2 at Futureshop and didn't see any crystal cases - didn't see any cases for the P2 whatsoever.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:00 AM

Bought mine at Micro Anvika on Tottenham Court Rd. (for UK visitors to the site )
It came with the case with an Orange back and 2 screen protectors, one which was already applied to the unit :s

1: Yes, Full Access
2: Quite tight and hard to remove when fitted to the unit.
3: Orange Colored
4: Yes, Larger plugs can fit