android
Old 10-24-2007, 06:38 PM

Page Have A T9 Question? Ask Me here.

Note: I have added most of the questions that have been asked here to THIS post so if you need help check if the answer is here and THEN post.

I Garentee
that I can answer your T9 Questions. If I can't I will refer you to someone that can answer in well detail what you are asking.

Ok to get things started lets go to the most common question out there:

Q: My T9 won't start/wont charge! Nothing appears on the screen no matter what I do!

A: All that has likey happened is the T9 froze while the screen was black. To undo this simply press the menu and A-B/* (record) simultaneously.

Q: What are the newest firmwires ?

1.68MTP
http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.co...9_V1.68MTP.ZIP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.80 UMS http://www.yepp.co.kr/support/suppor...1674&seq_num=1
__________________________________________________ ____________

Q: How do i attach lyrics to my music WITHOUT using the file as stated in previous post.

A:
If I recall the only way to view lyrics with music playing without the converter program is to simpley view text while listening.

I will download that program for you and repost an English Lyric Converter in the next few days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Q:
Originally Posted by Digital Assassin View Post

When is the next T-9 firmware being released?

A: Although we can all hope it will come out it won't. The new "season" of Samsung MP3 has been started and the "old" (T9) won't even "exist" according to Samsung.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Q: Originally Posted by T9girlforlife:

How do I play music when the T9 is charging?

A: You can listen to music when it is charging BUT only when you have it plugged into an outlet charger i.e. NOT the computer!

__________________________________________________ ________

Q: I connected my T9 to my new Laptop/Computer and the SMS only shows the files that where added from my laptop. How do I fix this?

If you need to delete files from the player you can do that in file browser but I recommend that you transfer all the music for the old computer that you still want and add it to the new laptop. Now format the T9 and add the files to the computer that you will always use so you don't have to format it again.

NOTE: The type of software you are using is what causes that problem. It CANNOT be eliminated till we have a firm 3rd party software for the T9.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Q: Is it possible to downgrade from 1.8 UMS to 1.68 MTP

A: Try RCM's Guide to fix the problem: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=21413
(Credits Completely To RCM)

__________________________________________________ ____________

Q: Ideas on how to fix the Bluetooth on my T9? It's disappeared from the menu.

A: You Low Level formated or upgraded with the WRONG Regional Firmwire. I.E. the U.S. doesn't even have the Bluetooth option so you need to upgrade using a firmwire from an area that supports Bluetooth. Downgrade and install a firmwire in your area (Get a download link at the Samsung website)

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Q: Is there any way to use T10 firmware on the T9?

A:While I am not familiar with the T10. It probably has more buttons then the T9 correct? So if you wanted to run the software of T10 the funcutions would be limited and you would have to hex edit the controls.
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Q: Does the T9 support playcount logging, and if so, how do I get it to work with Zenses

A: Currently not sure. Not as easy to test. I'm working on it.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Q:
How do I get my songs to show up under Artist and Title? All my ID3 tags are set properly. I'm on 1.80UMS. But they don't show up on the list. I dropped them all in the Music folder?

A: Update the library if your on 1.80 other wise you need to upgrade.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Q: What does it mean by MTP?

A: V1.80 is the UMS firmware which let's you add any files you want.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Q: I am using my T9 mostly for audio files. I have a series of 60 Spanish lessons (in mp3 files) downloaded to my device. I don't like the way they are sorted on my device. They are scattered in different "albums." I want to be able to rearrange, delete, rename, etc. the files using Windows Explorer. What I would REALLY like to do is rearrange the tracks into 6 separate "albums" -- with 10 tracks (lessons) to an album. Is it possible?

I have upgraded firmware -- first to 1.68, then to 1.8. I have checked Settings and upgrade was successful. I am able to view my device from Windows Explorer. Well, maybe. Actually, the device files it shows in Explorer do not correlate to the way they actually are on the device. I don't get it.

I've read the manual, I've searched the Net, and this forum looks like the closest I'm going to get to an answer. Can I do what I want to do with Windows Explorer? It would be great if organizing my files on my device were that simple.

If not with Explorer -- then how? Do I need to get more excited about WMP? Or the Samsung Media Studio? I have ignored those programs so far -- but if I need to get into one of those to do what I want to do, I will.

A: First let me tell you what each program does:

(Windows) Explorer: Useless if you want to organize. All it does is copy files, you want to edit them.

Windows Media Player: A little better and you can edit the song names. Downside Doesn't recognize T9 files from anything else and can only sync music.

Samsung Media Studio: Best for organizing and can transfer any file type. Downside scratchy song editor.

A. You use SMS and select all the lessons, right click, find album info, and either have them all named unknown.

Or

B. You use WMP and select the first ten, right click and find album info and manually make that an album. (B. might not work cause of the library update i.e. same as before)

Q:
Just bought a T9 and I have Windows2000. Can I update the firmware from my computer, or do I need to use a computer with XP/Vista?

A: What computer you use doesn't matter just download the file and transfer it to the T9. Disconnect it, turn it on, and give it a couple minutes to update. Good luck.

Q: Is there anyway to split my regular music from audiobooks that I find online for free? They are in mp3 format, and I want to be able to split it apart so when I am listening to music, a audiobook doesn't come up.

A: The easiest way would be either to make a playlist or rename the to another folder [there's no really way to "seperate" music files. At least not right now.

I recommend my T9 Playlist Creator:http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...506#post203506
(Not a program just a guide to make multiple playlists easily)

So far I have only included what I think are common questions. Please ask further questions for me to add to the list. Remember I can do links/programs to just give me a destription, why i'm finding it and a well spelled name!

Last edited by Drakon; 10-24-2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Changes and typo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-24-2007, 09:09 PM

Alrity, i have a question. How do i attach lyrics to my music WITHOUT using the file as stated in previous post. (as you know, i have posted in it)

Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
I Garentee that I can answer your T9 Questions. If I can't I will refer you to someone that can answer in well detail what you are asking.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Samsung Moderator

never lol

It's a bit pretentious to pretend answer any question

Old 10-25-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:

When people ask real questions. I will post when I find out though.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:41 AM

I am genuinely interested in whether another firmware will be released for the T9 now that the T10 has been released.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I am genuinely interested in whether another firmware will be released for the T9 now that the T10 has been released.

Do you have any idea who would know that type of information? You would have to be asking a T-9 devolper realeaseing information from inside the company.

Concluding: Probebly for there are already bugs in 1.80.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:48 PM

how do i play my music while my player is charging???

Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 PM

I connected my T9 to my new laptop and the SMF only shows the files that were downloaded from my new laptop. I cannot access the old files to delete some of them. How do I access them?

Old 10-29-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobK898 View Post
I connected my T9 to my new laptop and the SMF only shows the files that were downloaded from my new laptop. I cannot access the old files to delete some of them. How do I access them?
Yes I hate that feature, it's embedded into the UMS software and basically can only read the cookies that the machine has stored there is a way to get around it but it involves wipeing the whole system and restoring it from scratch which if messed up would make your T9 unusable so I recommend to use just one computer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t9girlforlife View Post
how do i play my music while my player is charging???
Simpley press and hold the power button while charging. It still charges but only at 1/5th the power rate since media is being played

Old 10-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Is it possible to downgrade from 1.8 UMS to 1.68 MTP? Last time I attempted thsi my t9 would turn on and off and my computer would not reconize it. It was fixed after I low level formated it and reloaded the 1.80 UMS. Any Ideas on how to fix this?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try my little guide I made, I had the same problem http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=21413
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 11-02-2007, 06:22 PM

Alrighty, I've got a question for you. Why does the i-Station 7 go into standby every 30 seconds while using my T9?

"I guess you could call me a key lime pie noob."

Old 11-02-2007, 10:28 PM

I can't listen to music while charging my T9. I tried just holding the power button but it does nothing at all.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:21 AM

Drez, you can only listen to music while the player is charging if you are charging from a usb outlet adapter or any other usb power source. If it is connected to your laptop or pc, it is charging, but the data connections are also being used which means you cant listen to the actual player through headphones. You can however, access the media on your computer and play it from there. You need a pure power-only charge to charge and play music with the T9, so, as I said a wall adapter would do.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Upgrading to 1.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
Try my little guide I made, I had the same problem http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=21413
How about upgrading to the 1.80 UMP or whatever version? And does 'upgrading' to this version change anything that I might have previously known about? Because I'm pretty sure I only have the MTP version right now, and I'm just worried that if I upgrade something will happen...

Old 11-05-2007, 04:20 PM

See my thread Advantages/Disadvantages of 1.80

Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM

Cool, thanks. I also downloaded the 1.80 file from above, but I don't know how to install it. Know how to do that?

Old 11-05-2007, 06:41 PM

Just copy the two files (muon.rom and sysdata.bin, I think) to the main directory (the one where you see the folders Music, Pictures, Recorded, etc.). Then open the player, and you should see during the power-up: "Upgrading firmware". After, you can check your current firmware version by going in Settings / System / Firmware Version.

P.S. If you want to enable DNS (radio station name display) on your T9, also copy the attached file to the System directory after having upgraded the firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: txt CONFIG.TXT (9 Bytes, 73 views)

Old 11-06-2007, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t9-123 View Post
Alrighty, I've got a question for you. Why does the i-Station 7 go into standby every 30 seconds while using my T9?

First I have no idea what that program is but im guessing since the program is made for ipod yet compatable that not all functions are compatable with the T9. Or are I-Station speakers? If they are the speakers are probably damaged since they shouldnt be doing that.