android
Old 10-16-2007, 01:32 AM

Lightbulb P2 firmware wishlist thread! / Blue Wave Ideas

We all know the P2 is coming up with major phone integration to answer calls via bluetooth, of course enabling the microphone, but what else do we see in the player so far that needs improvements or you just want?

So far for me:

-The DNSe button is completely redundant. That should be a "toggle vis/albumart/info" button instead and take out the toggling by pressing the display area since it results in so many accidental display changes.

-The microphone better have a recorder feature to go with it!

-The video smears slightly during fast motion scenes. It's still very watchable but imperfect. Samsung needs to tweak the video playback to fix that up.

-We need OTG delete in the file browser!

-A calculator would be nice as an extra low impact app. (Games are too much)

What else, guys?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-16-2007, 02:28 AM

There is a new firmware apparently coming out the end of this month.

Take a look at this news item at this site:

http://www.yeppyepp.net/index.php?page=20

Looks like an electronic dictionary function and memo function.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meizujeff View Post
There is a new firmware apparently coming out the end of this month.

Take a look at this news item at this site:

http://www.yeppyepp.net/index.php?page=20

Looks like an electronic dictionary function and memo function.
I was actually about to post that. The memo thing and dictionary thing is odd considering that would require a keyboard of some kind and there's been nothing even suggesting text input for the P2 since it was announced.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:26 PM

Probably would be a virtual keyboard. It would be tiny but could work I suppose.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

that you can write notes on it with a keyboard or your own finger

Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Horizontal Text Viewing Support, now that I think about it.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:44 PM

1.) UMS mode support. My old Z5 gained an option in the System menu where you could pick between UMS and MTP mode. I'll admit MTP mode is WAY better than it was with the YP-Z5, but I'd still like to be able to assign a drive letter so I can run scripts etc.

2.) A "Shuffle All" option that would generate a randomized playlist of all your songs. I used that almost every day with my old players. (Play mode -> Shuffle just shuffles, you can't see what song will be next, and you can't go back to the last song that way)

3.) Some way of queueing songs? At least the ability to remember what screen you were at when the screen turned off. (If you play a song and navigate to another album, it will go back to the "now playing" screen when the screen comes back on)

Old 11-03-2007, 01:31 PM

What would be great is : UMS and OGG support. I am about to buy a audio player and this is my first criteria...

Old 11-03-2007, 05:21 PM

Some ideas that would make this player from 8/10 -> 10/10

- There needs to be OGG Support!
- A Voice Recording function (with icon on menu)
- A smoother list scrolling update (as currently it's slightly delayed when 'flicked' with a finger)
- A calculator
- I think that a way of viewing the album art in full screen would be really nice. As currently it's very small!
- Although there's a nice range already, More menu styles.
- A text input system, a virtual keyboard may be the best way. With this a simple note function wouldn't be too difficult to design with the player's large screen in mind.
- Full screen music visualizations! < < < That would be amazing!
- DNSe support when listening to videos using bluetooth headphones.
- A way of queuing songs 'on the go'
- When scrolling though music in the 'Albums' section, a way of making the album art thumbnail larger. (Maybe a tap, on it to preview the album art in full screen, in the correct aspect ratio)
- As well as having a battery level indicator, having a precise estimate battery life left, displayed as text (As the little icons aren't really that precise)
- Use the bluetooth indicator / charging indicator LED to display the remaining battery life as a series of flashing lights.
- Have a FM Radio recording / playback function integrated within the FM Radio function.
- Maybe have a set of touch related, simple games.

Whoever develops the YP-P2 Firmware, please take note!
Thank You

Rob B

Last edited by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander; 11-04-2007 at 01:59 AM. Reason: removed email

Old 11-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

ability to use wi-fi through a device which has bluetooth and a wi-fi antenna/thingy(if possible), key board for texting through your phone, a music mixer(including a DJ type sim.) and tonnes of games like doom and a sketch pad

Old 11-03-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBritton View Post
Some ideas that would make this player from 8/10 -> 10/10

- There needs to be OGG Support!
- A Voice Recording function (with icon on menu)
- A smoother list scrolling update (as currently it's slightly delayed when 'flicked' with a finger)
- A calculator
- I think that a way of viewing the album art in full screen would be really nice. As currently it's very small!
- Although there's a nice range already, More menu styles. (UI update coming with more styles)
- A text input system, a virtual keyboard may be the best way. With this a simple note function wouldn't be too difficult to design with the player's large screen in mind.
- Full screen music visualizations! < < < That would be amazing!
- DNSe support when listening to videos using bluetooth headphones.
- A way of queuing songs 'on the go'
- When scrolling though music in the 'Albums' section, a way of making the album art thumbnail larger. (Maybe a tap, on it to preview the album art in full screen, in the correct aspect ratio)
- As well as having a battery level indicator, having a precise estimate battery life left, displayed as text (As the little icons aren't really that precise)
- Use the bluetooth indicator / charging indicator LED to display the remaining battery life as a series of flashing lights.
- Have a FM Radio recording / playback function integrated within the FM Radio function.
- Maybe have a set of touch related, simple games.

Whoever develops the YP-P2 Firmware, please take note!
Thank You

Rob B
All the bolded one are happening in some way or another by February.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:53 PM

Wicked, cheers Gaius
Another thing I think that would make it easier with the already slow "flick" system, would be a way of navigating through playlists and such by letter. <script type="text/javascript">egister("postmenu_180463", true); </script>

Old 11-10-2007, 08:21 AM

Cool P2 Third Wave Ideas.

In March, Samsung will bring out an official "Third Wave" firmware update.
Comment on what you think should be improved!
And Any fresh ideas as apparently they're using selected User requests and creating some of your ideas.

COMMENT!

Old 11-10-2007, 08:23 AM

A more sleek menu system, whereby there isn't as much lag.

When zooming into photos, a quicker response time when panning around the zoomed image with your finger, more similar to the Ipod Touch or Iphone.

A Calculator

Some High-end, GOOD quality, touch screen games.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:27 PM

Just bought the 4gb P2 the other night, ($180 @ FutureShop) and have a good list of features I'd like to see or see fixed in a future firmware. Some have already been mentioned...

- MSC/UMS mode (I can't use it with my Xbox360 as is)
- Ability to change horizontal stroke direction
- Vertical scrolling audio will glitch out
- There should be auto power on after unplugging, and the ability to access the interface while it's plugged in.
- Queuing up the next song or folder !
- Fullscreen vis

Comments ? Additions ?

Last edited by skudave; 11-13-2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Revised ;)

Old 11-13-2007, 05:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudave View Post
- There's no stop button for music playback ? What is that ?
What's the difference between play and pause on a device with no moving parts? When you press pause you do stop the music, and a CD is not left spinning and a tape is not held is a position which may cause it to stretch, so there really is no need.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:30 PM

JPEG's over 800x600 pixels seem to get fuzzy. It would be nice to get support for high res JPEG's, say about 1600x1200 or more if possible.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:32 PM

Well, I only have the Z5, but I am asking for a P2 for Christmas, So I'd like to chime in with the features I'd like to see. I don't know if the P2 already has it, but I'd like the ability to bookmark the song I'm playing and actually be able to turn the player off, and then turn it on and resume playing where I left off. I don't like that I end up draining the battery for 24 hours, while it does nothing, before it decides to turn itself off, and then it forgets what it was playing.

I also notice my Z5 loses track of what it was playing when I plug it in to my computer. If I'm running low on power, and I plug in my Z5 to my USB port to charge it, it stops playing, and when I unplug it, it goes back to the welcome screen and I have to choose the play list and find the song I was on to continue through the play list. It would be good if could bookmark the place and after recharging, tell the player to resume where it left off.

It was mentioned in a previous post, but I also would like to add my support for UMS. I like being able to drag and drop a folder into the Music folder of the player to add music. I don't want to be tied to syncing the player through a Media player like iTunes for the iPod.

I'd like to see support for the DivX and Xvid video formats. My set top DVD player plays these formats and it would be nice to not need to convert my videos to play them.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:46 AM

I want a HOME-Button to reach the menu from everywhere.
Shine On, Frank

Old 11-18-2007, 12:44 PM

Default There is a Home "button"

Many people seem to have missed this - if you press and hold the back (return) icon, no matter where you are, it returns you to the home screen.

Now, you do have to tap the screen to get the return icon, so it is a tap and and hold.