android
Old 10-15-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Adding songs: Not showing up?

Couple quick questions.

I was playing around with a couple of the builds provided here.

Anyway, I seem to be having a odd issue when trying to transfer music. I was using mediamonkey to move some songs around, trying to add them to my e280 (BTW, rockbox install went fine).

Anyway, if I browse the folders in media monkey, I can see the folder for the artist I copied to,but it does not display the music files (These are .ogg files).

But, if I browse the device directly, I can see the folder and artist music files.

Something I am doing wrong?

EDIT: Just synced again in mediamonkey..."says" it copied the files to the device, yet when I turn on rockbox, yet, I don't see the files in the 'files' menu.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-15-2007, 07:17 PM

You have to update your database. Go to settings then system I think, then go to update database or something. It will update in the background and when it is done when you press database it will tell you to restart it. It should take 1 or more minutes depending on how much stuff you added. Also make sure that you refreshed the database in the original Firmware, maybe do that first.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous16 View Post
You have to update your database. Go to settings then system I think, then go to update database or something. It will update in the background and when it is done when you press database it will tell you to restart it. It should take 1 or more minutes depending on how much stuff you added. Also make sure that you refreshed the database in the original Firmware, maybe do that first.
I must be doing something wrong as I still don't see the songs, even after updating the database.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:31 PM

Did you update the database by pressing the update database thing, waiting until you press database that it says to restart? if not, then you have to wait until it says that...maybe try the initialize database, also.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy View Post
I don't see the files in the 'files' menu.
The Files menu is different from the Database, so the database update is not needed.

Quote:
But, if I browse the device directly, I can see the folder and artist music files.
What's the folder name? I have a feeling it's probably some "hidden" folder such as "Music". In Rockbox, try going to Settings | General Settings | File View | Show Files | All

Old 10-16-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
The Files menu is different from the Database, so the database update is not needed.

What's the folder name? I have a feeling it's probably some "hidden" folder such as "Music". In Rockbox, try going to Settings | General Settings | File View | Show Files | All
Got it. Think I had to initalize the DB first?
Anyway, i can see my music now.

Just a few quick questions:

1.) Do I need to boot into the OF to add music to the e280?

2.) Anyone recommend an application that works well adding music to my rockboxed e280, plays music and supports file formats like .ogg, .ape, .flac and .ofr?

Right now, im testing mediamonkey.
Any other ones people might suggest?

Thanks.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
1.) Do I need to boot into the OF to add music to the e280?
For now yes, until USB support is completed.

Quote:
2.) Anyone recommend an application that works well adding music to my rockboxed e280, plays music and supports file formats like .ogg, .ape, .flac and .ofr?

Any other ones people might suggest?
I tend to just use my file manager or the command line. MediaMonkey is a probably the best choice for Windows if you prefer a music management program.

Charles

Old 10-16-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
For now yes, until USB support is completed.

I tend to just use my file manager or the command line. MediaMonkey is a probably the best choice for Windows if you prefer a music management program.

Charles
Thanks. I appreciate it.

I have one more question: How do I add album art? Haven't been able to figure that out. Im still looking at FAQ's and manuals.

Cheers.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I have one more question: How do I add album art? Haven't been able to figure that out. Im still looking at FAQ's and manuals.
Album art is not supported officially- you will need to use a custom build that supports it. Here are the instructions for using album art:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/AlbumArt

Also, you will need to use a theme with album art support.

Charles

Old 10-16-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Album art is not supported officially- you will need to use a custom build that supports it. Here are the instructions for using album art:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/AlbumArt

Also, you will need to use a theme with album art support.

Charles
Got it...

Thanks.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:07 PM

One thing I hated was getting the actual album art.

My method was to user Virtual DJ 5 which auto downloads album art to the same folder as your music with the same file name but in a jpg format.

One this was done I just did a batch convert using Irfan View to convert these jpg's to BMP & re-name the files so they don't include the .mp3 extension in the jpg file name.

That was it, thats how I did all my songs in one hit.