android
Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Can't insert XB's

Received some MylarOne XB's as a gift today. They are my first IEM's, as previously I have used stock ear buds and some other crappy stuff. Embarrassing, I know. Anyway, I seem to be unable to insert them properly; as of now, I can pretty much have them dangling perilously out of my ears, and that's about it. I have tried pulling upwards/outwards on my ear and inserting in different angles, along with changing tips sizes.

Does anyone have a tutorial or tips on how to insert these things well? Along with my iAudio 7, I'd really like to be listening to some good-quality Beatles needledrops.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-11-2007, 07:00 PM

Traxinet, Welcome to abi >> & Congratulations on the XBs & i7

Never seen a tutorial, but sounds like a great idea, maybe someone will run with it What I do is install the proper size tip when I first get my new buds, for me the smallest size works best on the XBs & X3s, but for some reason on my cx300s the medium size works better. I open my mouth to relieve the pressure and use a twisting motion with the iem to get it in as deep as possible. To reduce cable microphonics you can drape the cord over your ear and down your back. You should be able to see a picture of this in the headphone forums...

Enjoy your new gear...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have small ear canals and with the xb's I use the small tips, but with my ep630's I have to use the largest so you will just have to expereiment. The one thing that helped me is rotating the housing 90 degrees toward the front or back before inserting them, then a little wiggling.

How To Remove the Hebrew Beta firmware

Old 10-17-2007, 03:46 AM

what you need to know that these things can and are made to go DEEP into your ears. Don't just place them so they stay on your ears, they need to be IN your ears...

Old 10-17-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangster View Post
what you need to know that these things can and are made to go DEEP into your ears. Don't just place them so they stay on your ears, they need to be IN your ears...
True, they need to go deeper inside the ears than, say, the CX300 or EP630. Most people's ear canals aren't perfectly straight. I have to insert them from a ~45 angle, tips of the XBs closer to the back of my head, back of the XBs closer to my face (it's hard to describe). They also fit me better when wearing them with the cables up around my ears, since that way the angled strain relief doesn't block them from going in deeper than with the cables hanging down.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:48 PM

Hur. I hold the outer ear, insert the piece, and push it in while pulling away at my ear to get the best fit. Like dfkt I do so in a 45 degree angle towards the back of my head; never fails, and my canals are different sizes and apparently to wierdly shaped to use ultimate ears' tips. For other brands they seem fine, though.