android
Old 10-07-2007, 02:09 PM
ABI Founder

Default Clip Quick Take

I got a Clip in the main a few days ago and I am currently putting it though the paces and will have a review shortly. But for now here is my quick take.

The Sansa Clip it is the same GUI and screen as the express, but the buttons are easier to press and the sound quality is much much better and as lame as it sounds, the psychical clip on the player is really great to have, its just nice to quickly snap it onto you clothing.

It still feels "cheap" or toy-like as most of the Sansa product line, but it sill is durable like the Express. For $40 and $60 you wont be disappointed, especially if you have some good IEMs. SanDisk has touted this player as the best sounding player on the market. That is a very bold statement filled with hype. I cannot say that it is the best on the market, but it does sound damn good.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-08-2007, 11:45 AM

Thanks for the info, EnzoTen. I'm looking forward to reading your review.

Just curious how the sound quality stacks up with the other "tiny" players on the market, like the Shuffle, Stone plus, or IRiver S10 (although it's debatable if the latter is really on the market...), or the slightly larger Nano or Zen V +.

Do you have the actual dimensions of this baby? Sandisk hasn't released this information, and the only thing we have to go on are estimates compared to golf balls or quarters...

Old 10-08-2007, 06:33 PM
ABI Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishturkish View Post
Just curious how the sound quality stacks up with the other "tiny" players on the market, like the Shuffle, Stone plus, or IRiver S10 (although it's debatable if the latter is really on the market...), or the slightly larger Nano or Zen V +.

Do you have the actual dimensions of this baby? Sandisk hasn't released this information, and the only thing we have to go on are estimates compared to golf balls or quarters...
This player stops all over the "tiny" players and runs along side of any of Cowon's players.

I will do some comparison shots with the stone and such... and i will try to get some accurate measurements.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Enzo:

Thanks, as always, for the info. Looks like I should be putting one of these on my Christmas list!!!

Steve

Old 10-10-2007, 08:40 AM

From the website it self

SanDisk Sansa® Clip MP3 Players

The Tiny Wearable MP3 Player with BIG Sound!
The colorful Sansa® Clip is a tiny MP3 player that boasts an array of cool features, as well as distinctively big sound for its small size. Perfect for the fitness buff or traveler, the compact Sansa Clip comes with a fashionable clip for wearing anywhere. Other features include: FM radio, microphone**, long-lasting rechargeable battery and a bright screen for exceptionally easy navigation of tunes. The Sansa Clip comes in sleek black, candy apple red, hot pink and ice blue. (Colors are only available in the 2GB capacity.)

SanDisk Sansa® Clip MP3 Player 2GB - Black
Price: $59.99

» More info

SanDisk Sansa® Clip MP3 Player 2GB - Blue

» More info

SanDisk Sansa® Clip MP3 Player 2GB - Pink

» More info

SanDisk Sansa® Clip MP3 Player 2GB - Red

» More info

SanDisk Sansa® Clip MP3 Player 1GB - Black
Price: $39.99

» More info

Feature List
  • Plays MP3, WMA, secure WMA and Audible audio file formats
  • FM tuner with 40 preset channels *
  • Up to 15 hours of play time with internal rechargeable battery***
  • Voice recording with built-in microphone
Capacity playback matrix

1GB*
2GB*
MP3
Hours of Music Playback***
Number of Songs**
WMA
Hours of Music Playback***
Number of Songs**

*1 gigabyte (GB) = 1 billion bytes. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for data storage.
** With No FM Radio and Mic option.
***Based on continuous playback at 128 kbps MP3; rechargeable batteries may require eventual replacement; actual life and performance may vary based on usage patterns.

Minimum System Requirements
  • Windows® XP SP2 or Vista® Operating System
  • Windows Media Player® 10 or 11
  • CD-ROM drive
  • High-Speed USB 2.0 port required for hi-speed transfer
Package Contents
  • Sansa® Clip MP3 player
  • Clip accessory
  • USB 2.0 transfer cable
  • Earphones
  • Promotional Inserts
  • Quick Start Guide
  • Installation CD with user guide
Note: 1 megabyte (MB) = 1 million bytes; 1 gigabyte (GB) = 1 billion bytes. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for data storage. Read more.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:57 AM

Default How's the FM?

I am a ZVM30 user and have been looking for a 2nd DAP that is a bit smaller, for working out or jogging. It appears this may fit the bill.

However, I tried a buddy's Sansa e260 for a day, thinking that would fit the bill, but the FM reception was not good at all. FM is an option I need.

I was considering the Zen Stone Plus, but if the FM on the Clip is better, I may go with this (yeah, I like the idea of clipping it onto your clothes).

How's the FM on the Clip?

Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
ABI Founder

FM reception is not very good.

Check out the review.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloAukerman View Post
I was considering the Zen Stone Plus, but if the FM on the Clip is better, I may go with this (yeah, I like the idea of clipping it onto your clothes).
I have the regular Stone not the Plus, so I can't comment on its FM reception. However I have broken two clips for the Stone in very light usage. Both broke in exactly the same place.

Like you, I am thinking about the Sansa Clip because of the clothing clip. I just hope it is less breakable than the one that comes with the Stone's skin.

Steve