android
Old 02-28-2008, 11:43 AM

Nice utility but I have a suggestion. I store my album art in a separate AlbumArt folder under my Pictures folder. It has the same structure as my Music folder: Artist - Album. Instead of MP3 files it contains two graphics, folder.jpg (usually at 600x600 or 700x700) and cover.bmp @ 162x162 (I use the BigArt theme). I copy both graphics to the matching Artist - Album music folder. I have to do this because WMP "knows better" and will hose your album art if you're not careful. This way I know I have a backup just in case. I lost all my custom album art because of WMP once and I'm not going through that again.

My suggestion is to have a dropdown box for the file name. The obvious choices for default extensions would be *.jpg and *.bmp. This way, you can choose which file to convert. You should probably include statistics about the chosen file; i.e., dimension. Remember, WMP will change your folder.jpg file to a 200x200 file if you let it. This way, you'll know which graphic you are converting.

You should also store the last folder and path. This way it's quick navigation the next time it's used.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-28-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchTime View Post
I have to do this because WMP "knows better" and will hose your album art if you're not careful. This way I know I have a backup just in case. I lost all my custom album art because of WMP once and I'm not going through that again.
That's good advice.....I've seen that too...I should do the same...Thanks.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer777 View Post
The program won't work for me---all I get are the boxes, no black background, no typing such as "Which Directory" or "Which Files." Can someone help?

EDIT: nevermind figured it out
I'm having this problem... How did you fix it?

Old 01-29-2009, 12:00 AM

larc0s: Thanks for the great tool, however there's a fault with the the black background (I'm using Vista 32). For me I can only see the boxes because the writing is white and the background is white too.

However, if you open the path in the top box, type the name of the jpg file (eg "folder") in the second box and the name of the bmp file (eg "cover") then it still works. At least it did for me.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:28 AM

Hey guys. This is still the best tool I have found to do simple conversions. However, the file seems to be missing now when you download it. My hard drive died so can someone please upload this again!

Old 08-13-2010, 03:23 PM

hmm..I either use Tag & Rename to set up tags & grab artwork at the same time, or find album artwork via Google images & just open it in irfanview, resize, rename & save to the same folder I have the music tracks in.
Not sure how this app makes things easier