android
Old 08-26-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Toshiba to manufacture Zune

Article and some photos on BetaNews.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

this probably could have went in the Zune section...but sounds like a good match to me...That player does look nice. I wonder how the scratch protection is and how well the controls work. I wonder how it will stake up to the Ipod, ZVM, and Gigabeat...

Old 08-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I also find it odd that Toshiba is doing this when they are competing in the same category with this device. Sounds like they want to profit from the Microsoft name because they expect it to sell well and they will no doubt stand to make a pretty penny by producing it.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182
I also find it odd that Toshiba is doing this when they are competing in the same category with this device. Sounds like they want to profit from the Microsoft name because they expect it to sell well and they will no doubt stand to make a pretty penny by producing it.
so hopefully the zune is just an improved version of the Gigabeat.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody56292
so hopefully the zune is just an improved version of the Gigabeat.
unfortunately, if the rumors about the widescreen iPod with the touchless virtual click wheel is true, I doubt anything that MS can do will put a dent in the iPod sales. Sorry, but if it comes out like the "spy photos" and the patent document show...I may be purchasing my first iPod

Old 08-27-2006, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182
unfortunately, if the rumors about the widescreen iPod with the touchless virtual click wheel is true, I doubt anything that MS can do will put a dent in the iPod sales. Sorry, but if it comes out like the "spy photos" and the patent document show...I may be purchasing my first iPod
Yeah, I agree, if a new ipod comes out this christmas, I am definately getting it. ( if it has all the features it is supposed to ) Granted it probably won't be as integrated to my 360 as an MS product, but it would finally give me an excuse to try out a mac. ( really want to get a macbook ) ( yes I know I don't need a mac to use an ipod/itunes, but like I said, it would give me the excuse )
However, if Apple doesn't release an ipod this christmas, I cannot wait any longer, and will get my next best alternative. ( Zune, New Creative, or bigger version of clix)

I have had my creative zen xtra for 4 years now, and think it is definately time to upgrade.

Old 08-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

yea, if this new iPod is how it's supposed to be...then it will be too good to pass up...