android
Old 09-16-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Got 2GB, but does not seem to "see" the MicroSD card?

Ok...I have 1GB Kingston card that works fine in my cell, and also in other devices, but it does not seem to show up under "My Computer' which I would expect.......normal? I just updated to current firmware, but seems to do the same thing.

Format from the Express seems to do the same thing, regardless if there is a card in the slot, or not.....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-11-2007, 11:27 AM

are you using the express as a card reader you may need to get a adapter then formating it

Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imode View Post
are you using the express as a card reader you may need to get a adapter then formating it
I gave up on the 1GB....I figure I would get a 2GB card if I decided to expand it.

I have been keeping all my music in iTunes lately, so thinking of getting a 8GB Nano as I like the coverflow.......might go to the Apple dark side

Old 10-11-2007, 01:41 PM

Noooooooo~!~!!! just remember with apples being i have a 2 gb silver nano when it get stuck you have have to wait till the battary dies before you can do anything and have time it still doesn't work. just be careful if you move it that way.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:40 AM

I bought a Sandisk microSD and it works prefectly on my sansa express.

So, my suggestion - buy sandisk one.
They want to monopoly.
However, sandisk memory storage is not bad - world first.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoovel View Post
I bought a Sandisk microSD and it works prefectly on my sansa express.

So, my suggestion - buy sandisk one.
They want to monopoly.
However, sandisk memory storage is not bad - world first.
This is false information, many different card mfg's work on the sansa. I have a 2gb Kingston card that works fineÖ funny thing is itís never been recognized when I connect the player with the card inserted. First I have to connect the e200 and then insert the card into the slot, and then itís recognized. Iíd also recommend that you format the card and test how Iím doing it.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 04-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have used PNY, Sandisk and Kingston in different devices, and they all worked.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:12 AM

Which firmware are you using?
Maybe the new firmware make all brands of microSD card detected by Sansa Express.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoovel View Post
Which firmware are you using?
Maybe the new firmware make all brands of microSD card detected by Sansa Express.
Doesnít matter, Iíve been using a card since I first had the unit, about 2 years and possibly 5 or more firmwareís ago. Itís always worked

But a downgrade and re-install wouldn't hurt to try.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-06-2008, 01:58 PM

Default My microSD story

I updated my SE to 01.01.05A hoping that it would support larger than 2gb microSD which I already had. My earlier issues with SE not starting went away as I started using that 2gb Sandisk card. So after the new firmware update I bought a 4gb Sandisk SDHC card and straight away, without any formatting of the new card, I transferred my music files from internal 2gb memory and external 2gb memory to the new 4gb memory via the usb adapter which came included with the card. OS by-the-way is Windows XP. When I finally got to test the card I noticed that the files in the internal memory showed normally but the player indicated in the settings that there is a 4 gb card but it is empty which really contained almost a 4gb of music! So it didn't even update the database from the SD at start-up. Next thing was to format the card with SE. After that I plugged the card with the usb adapter to my PC but it stated that there is some kind of an error and it couldn't open it, not even format it in Windows. Still I was able to view and transfer files in and out from the card when using it via SE. Altough it still didn't work when trying to play the files in my SE.

So I came up with an masterplan! I put the microSDHC card to my Canon A590 digital camera with an microSD to SD adapter. I formatted the card using the menus of the camera. After that it worked properly in Windows as an usb mass storage device when using it via the usb adapter. Because of that I was now also able to format it in Windows. After formatting in Windows I transferred some test songs to the card via the card slot of SE, in other words the SE plugged in usb and the card plugged in SE. Then I put it in my SE and during the start up it did, for a pleasant surprise, start to build the database from the SD as it normally should do. The songs were all there for me to play them as they was in the old 2gb card too! The next day I transferred (via SE card slot) the test songs off from the card and filled it with my favourite tunes and it worked like a charm!

My conclusion:Update to 01.01.05A. Use, if possible, Sandisk microSDHC card. Just to be sure, others might still work also, but at least my Sandisk works now. First thing is to FORMAT the card in windows, then transfer your music or whatever to the new card using the SE.

I hope this will help someone out there!

And remember, if allmighty Windows is unable to read and/or format the card, you might still be able to format it in other devices as for example digital cameras which after you might also to be able to format it again in Windows.