android
Old 09-15-2007, 10:26 AM

Default How to open a Samsung YH-J70???

This is supposed to be the continuation to a thread of mine called "YH-J70 broken or not???"

Given that one member answered that I should open the item to try to fix it myself, I thought I might ask him and the rest of the community in a new thread with a much clearer title in case other members were interested to do the same.

So, please: anybody who can provide a description or even photographs (or useful links) of how to open a Samsung YH-J70 player, please let me and us have your useful advice.

Thanks in advance. It would be really a surprise and a victory over official technical service (experts???) to be able to do this.

bwprius

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Page

Hi, I can give you only description how dismantle your player because I lent my player and I can't make photo for better understanding. I show you few photos which I found now.

1. Pull out two rubber stoppers on back side of player a take out two screws.
2. Open back cover, it can be bit difficult because it's snap.
3. After opened you'll see HDD device, it is connect by flat cable, just pull out connector from HDD.
4. Them you can see main board with battery. Around board are several srews also in main metal frame. Unscrewing this and you dismantle it, unplug battery.

That's all
I think you can do only disconnect HDD and battery them put together. After this maybe you'll have problem with turning on / I'm not sure, my event /. Solution: connect charger and them press reset button.

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: zip pictures.zip (607.6 KB, 169 views)

Old 09-27-2007, 12:03 PM

Wink

i completely took mine apart its on a thread called YH-J70 repair help. Anyway it all went fine and still turned on.

In your old thread you said ' Does this mean the item is totally useless??? (Anyone wants it for doing his repair experiments? With all its accessories?)'

I think it can be fixed but if you did want to give it away.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Hi,

I have now finally opened the Samsung. So far I have taken off the back and disconnected the hard disk.

Do I have to disassemble the front in order to pull the battery out (and disconnect it) or is it possible to remove the battery at this stage? I would prefer not to disassemble the player more than strictly necessary.

Does someone remember and know this?

Thanks.

bwprius

Old 09-27-2007, 04:43 PM

Sorry, I found out myself. The battery can be removed from its place without unscrewing the four screws inside the player. Let's see whether I succeed in disconnecting the battery myself without asking you guys. I will let you know whether I am able to and what else I do or need.

bwprius

Old 09-27-2007, 04:54 PM

Sorry again. Next step I managed to make is disconnect the battery. But I'm not sure whether I will be able to plug it in again given that the tiny socket is facing the black cover and it is very hard to reach.

So, does anyone positively know that in order to replug the battery miniplug in I have to take of the front?

bwprius

Old 09-27-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwprius View Post
Sorry again. Next step I managed to make is disconnect the battery. But I'm not sure whether I will be able to plug it in again given that the tiny socket is facing the black cover and it is very hard to reach.

So, does anyone positively know that in order to replug the battery miniplug in I have to take of the front?

bwprius
I'm pretty sure you can't. I disconnected it by taking out the screws and the front panel. It makes it really easy. BUT make sure you look at those pics i done, there is a ribbon cable there and they are very easily broken.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:49 AM

Thanks for the hint.

In any case, after disconnecting the battery (and reconnecting the hard disk) I first connected the USB cable: the screen flashed shortly saying Low battery.

So I connected the charger but the player gave me the same error message (Device can't HDD initialize) which makes me think that there is no hope and the hard disk won't work again.

Will be it of any use doing things like pushing the reset button or any other combination of operations?

bwprius

Old 09-28-2007, 04:38 AM

Page

Hi, could you check flat cabel to HDD device? because I think can be demaged if player can't find it. If OK that's all what I can do for you. Try authorize samsung service in your country cause can be demaged another components what you can't find.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:34 AM

Yeh i would agree with piacek those cables are easily broken. There is also a decent chance the HDD might just be shot so see if you can get another one.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:24 AM
Samsung Moderator

Hi guys, I'm the Samsung Animator on Generationmp3.com!
I have a Yh-J70lw that I know almost by heart lol
If you have some problems, I can help you

Old 10-29-2007, 01:19 AM

Page

Hi everybody,

I experimented with my player because battery is demaged and I want replace it for new.
bwprius : If flat cable is visualy OK I'm sure that hdd device is demaged and must be change for new /impossible for repair/ because I tried it turn on without hdd and give me the same message: Device can't HDD initialize

Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well if you disconnected the HDD it would have said that regardless of whether the HD was working or not, so try again with the HD plugged in
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 11-06-2007, 05:40 PM

Page

Hi

perfect, my battery already came, replaceing was succesful and player works perfect. I can start thinking about how make remote controller now.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Samsung Moderator

Ok that's cool^^
Keep in touch for the remote control :P

Old 11-18-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piacek View Post
Hi

perfect, my battery already came, replaceing was succesful and player works perfect. I can start thinking about how make remote controller now.
Hi piacek, could you tell me where did you buy the battery replacement for your YH-J70?

Thanks

Old 11-23-2007, 12:07 PM

Page

Hi, I think this info not help to you because battery replacement I requested from authorize samsung service in my country and the price was about 47$. You can try services in your country, I believe that they can help to you.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:42 AM

<TABLE class=tborder id=post169440 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>09-27-2007, 06:26 PM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_169440><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->

<HR style="COLOR: #869bbf; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #869bbf" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by bwprius

bwprius

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I'm pretty sure you can't. I disconnected it by taking out the screws and the front panel. It makes it really easy. BUT make sure you look at those pics i done, there is a ribbon cable there and they are very easily broken.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Hi I just ordered a new battery for the YH-J70SB 20Gb and tried looking up your pics you mentioned in this post. Only problem is I can't find 'm, your pics that is...

Could you send me a link or the post the pics in this forum please??

Tada

Last edited by hakkie73; 01-07-2009 at 06:09 AM.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:28 PM

Smile YH-J70 Battery Replacement

Hi All, I would just like to thank you for your battery changing advice - (especially PIACEK) - I am not to say the least electronically minded but I have managed to change the battery on my YH-J70 and it works a treat (no reset button reset needed!!) - got one on ebay 2nd hand for 10 - from a dropped unit only two months old - if it's true ?? - Noticed that batteries can be purchased at a high cost !! (52) from partmaster UK (curry's parts distributers) - was wondering though if a mobile phone battery of similar spec and size could be adapted to work ?? or do you think it's too risky ?? - I wonder if maplins do similar spec batteries that might fit ?? - be interested in your comments