android
Old 02-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Default Does The Vibes Have a Bookmarking Feature?

Can someone tell me if the player has a bookmarking feature?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-12-2007, 05:49 AM

Hm, I don't know exactly what you mean... perhaps this helps: you can make "sessions": your current playlist & state (what's playing, position in the track) will be saved and can be loaded again. You can also make own playlists.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Banned

Bookmarks are used for podcasts or Audio Books so you can return to where you left off in a long file when you come back to listen later.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:40 AM

Looks like "sessions" is basically a bookmark function. Better than some, since it saves the playlist as well. I recently had a Zen MicroPhoto (till I dropped it!) and though it had bookmarking, it only saved the track. So if you restored from a bookmark, when the current track was finished you had to go back and find where you were in the list. Lame!

The Vibez also allows you to change two buttons to special functions when you hold them down for more than a second. You can set a button to automatically bookmark when you hold it down. My Cowon M3 had that ability too. Very useful.

Also, although the hold feature is a bit of a pain (from the sound of it), you can set some functions to work even when hold is on. So you can leave volume active, and also turn all the thumbwheel buttons into "play/pause" while you're holding.

(I admit to reading the manual to get all this: http://www.trekstor.de/downloads/pro...1-10_de-en.pdf)

I'm looking seriously at the Vibez. Looks great. I would certainly prefer flash, but don't mind the HD. I love that you can use ID3 tags *or* folder structure. All my music is organized by folder, and I much prefer it that way. OS flexibility is great too, since I think Ubuntu may be in my future. Be nice when a few more accessories make it out.

What is the boot time like?

Old 10-13-2007, 04:48 PM

Boot time is anywhere from 9-18 seconds on cold boot (there appears to be a bug where it sometimes double checks its database. When this doesn't happen, you get 9 seconds.) From a warm standby, it's instantaneous.

Regardless of whether it's a warm or cold boot, it always remembers exactly where you left off.

The bookmarking, or "Sessions" works much like the Rio Karma's Bookmark, just with a different name. It stores the running playlist, you place in it, and the EQ settings.

One annoying bit, though, is the DJ dynamic playlist generator doesn't distinguish between music and audio books. So, if you go in and ask it to generate 8 hours of random music, it might include some book chapters and podcasts. To me this would only constitutes a minor annoyance. To others, it might be a big deal.