android
Old 09-08-2007, 08:55 AM

Default D2 Video Issues...

I just bought my D2 and i tried converting an anime with JetAudio. I put the video on the D2 and it came up really small...

Is this just a setting problem? or should i find another program to convert the video file?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

People complain about jetaudio all the time, personally i love it for all tis worth. Its fast, and it works :P Are you sure you set the right profile for converting? I mean, the drop down menu where you choose device, if you didnt set it to d2....

Old 09-08-2007, 11:16 AM

what is the res. of the video your trying to upload?

Old 09-08-2007, 08:18 PM

I figured it out right after i posted. I didnt select the right thing in the dropdown menu... wow i feel dumb.

Well this thread can be used for any other video problems with the D2! =D

And can some people post options for other programs aside from JetAudio? It would be a big help to see what else is out there. Thanks!

Old 09-08-2007, 09:34 PM

Default D2 Video

The D2 seems to only play video converted with the Jet Audio program. I have tried several other programs to convert .mpg to either .avi or .wmv and when I put it on my D2-4gb, I can hear the audio, but NO video shows up. I use the same settings that J.A. uses but no video shows up.

Don't get me wrong, I like the J.A. program too, but I'm always looking for something faster too. I do LOVE my D2!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
The D2 seems to only play video converted with the Jet Audio program. I have tried several other programs to convert .mpg to either .avi or .wmv and when I put it on my D2-4gb, I can hear the audio, but NO video shows up. I use the same settings that J.A. uses but no video shows up.

Don't get me wrong, I like the J.A. program too, but I'm always looking for something faster too. I do LOVE my D2!!!
.avi or .wmv, thats as wide as saying you live on earth :P i had no problems ripping dvds straight to qvga xvid @ 512kbs w/128 kbs cbr mp3 audio track using gordian knot rip pack

Old 09-09-2007, 01:02 AM

Default How to compress the video

When i use jet audio and convert a video, the size of the video does not compress, should a 800mb movie compress to about half the size. When i put videos on my Meizu m6 they compress to about half the size. How do i get my cowan d2 to do the same? Im converting the videos to AVI
TonyK

Old 09-09-2007, 07:21 AM

As i tried to say above, "avi" doesnt specify what you have converted it to at all. Uncompressed avi would be several GB, but jetaudio uses QVGA xvid, so your problem has to be the bitrate. Normally, at 512kbs, 20 minutes is about 100 MB after its converted. A 90 minute movie would then be 450 MB. If you use maximum bitrate, 1500kbs, then it would be 1350 MB, but using that high a bitrate is stupid. So, choose a lower bitrate in the dropdown menu :P

Old 09-09-2007, 10:49 AM

Thanks Captain
That Info was real helpful, but does lowering the bitrate have any affect on the quality of the video, or does it just compress it more, or take longer to convert
TonyK

Old 09-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Thanks Captain
That Info was real helpful, but does lowering the bitrate have any affect on the quality of the video, or does it just compress it more, or take longer to convert
TonyK
Yes, it has a negative effect on the quality of the video, but on a 320x240, 2.5 inch screen, the effect should not be noticable unless you go really low, 500-700 should be an adequate video bitrate.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 PM

What about converting .flv files from youtube to .avi so you can put them on the D2? i've been trying to do it for the past hour with no luck... i'm supposed to use the JetAudio format converter right?

Old 09-15-2007, 12:31 PM

There are a lot of programs which download videos from youtube and automatically convert them to XVID AVI. Google "youtube avi download" or something like that and you'll get a lot of programs to choose from.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat