android
Old 09-07-2007, 11:50 AM

Default MoreMono - Theme for Cowon D2/D2+

I like the original D2 interface - but I'm not fond of the cheesy colors, especially the blue. There, I said it. Almost all traces of blue (and most pink stuff) have been removed, the tacky "Digital Pride" album art placeholder has been replaced by a generic CD icon.

• v1.0 - Made for firmware 2.50b and 2.50 final.
  • v1.1 - Updated version for firmware 2.51. Fixed some transparency bugs on the video screen.
  • v1.2 - Updated version for firmware 2.54. Works with 2.55 - 2.59 as well.
  • v1.2 - First version for firmware 3.54. Works with 3.55 - 3.59 as well.

MoreMono-T ("T" stands for transparent) has even less clutter, and is perfect if you want a less crowded video screen. I also removed all icons from all main screen menu points, since they really aren't needed.

Screenshots of a pre-release of Moremono-T:

MoreMono+ is made for the D2+. Some minor upgrade from MoreMono-T to match the new firmware. Change font colors on the D2+ firmware to 255/255/255 for best results.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MoreMono_v1.2_for_FW_2.54_by_DFKT.zip (489.2 KB, 338 views)
File Type: zip MoreMono_v1.2_for_FW_3.54_by_DFKT.zip (541.6 KB, 117 views)
File Type: zip MoreMono-T_for_FW_2.54_by_DFKT.zip (531.5 KB, 140 views)
File Type: zip MoreMono-T_for_FW_3.54_by_DFKT.zip (528.6 KB, 118 views)
File Type: zip MoreMono+_for_FW_2.02_by_DFKT.zip (472.1 KB, 160 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-07-2007, 01:34 PM

thx, dfkt. see that you also posted it over at Audiophile.net. you should check out Cassini's OLED 2 Theme. it's the best i've seen yet.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Startup Logo

Hi, im using this perfect thmeme, but, it has blue original startup logo. Any idea, where can i take black original/moremono startup logo for complet black design? THX

Old 11-26-2007, 08:21 AM

I didn't make a startup logo for this theme. I think you can make a black one with Cowon's JetLogo app, included in the JetAudio bundle - not sure if it overrides the whole startup procedure though.

To be honest I didn't even think about the logo before - maybe I'll look into that.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:02 AM

Yes, yes, yes please

Old 01-05-2008, 07:00 AM

please help me to install this on my d2

Old 01-05-2008, 07:09 AM

Drop the D2n_rs.bin file into the root folder of your D2 and restart. That's all - same way you would upgrade the firmware.

Make sure your D2 runs the correct firmware for this theme, otherwise it won't work - and maybe damage your D2.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:02 PM

hello dfkt,
I really like your theme a lot. however, after I upgrade my d2 firmware to 2.53 and install your theme, icons on my d2 are displayed incorrectly. lots of icons are not displayed.
so, just wonder whether you'd make any update to your theme to make it compatible with firmware 2.53 or any new version in the near future?
anyway, thanks alot for your effort to make such a nice theme (which currently support only firmware 2.50/2.51).

Old 01-05-2008, 04:30 PM

No, I don't see myself making a 2.53 version of this theme - since 2.53 messes my D2 up horribly (same as every other firmware after 2.51). It doesn't work at all, I'll stick with 2.51 until the Cowon code monkeys get their act together.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:41 PM

So, you managed to get 2.51 working again?

Old 01-05-2008, 04:44 PM

Yes, after 2.53 final messed my D2 up again I went back to 2.51 - and it seems stable, even after some file changes on the SD card. I'm quite happy, since 2.51 has two features that were missing on 2.50b (the only other useful firmware for my dilemma at the moment).

Old 01-05-2008, 04:47 PM

At least now your back at square one and not minus one...

Old 01-05-2008, 04:49 PM

Heh, indeed... I already feel grateful for that - see how Cowon got me reduced to a shaking bundle of nerves.

BTW - just because I don't use 2.53 doesn't mean any of you can't take my theme and adapt it for other firmwares. Feel free to do so... just don't forget the credits.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:47 AM

Dfkt,

Any chance for version for 3.54?

Thank you for your work!

have a nice day, bye

Old 01-31-2008, 07:21 PM

Thank you so much! It is quite elegant. Love it.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:58 PM

Offtopic but is it just me or videos look a bit dull with 2.51 compared to 2.50.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:06 PM

I didn't notice any difference.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Drop the D2n_rs.bin file into the root folder of your D2 and restart. That's all - same way you would upgrade the firmware.
And this will not erase any data on the player (as happens with firmware updates) will it?

I guess the fontpatch is not affected by this either?

Sorry for these newbee questions. I prefer to double-check.

Thanks a lot!

bwprius

Old 02-01-2008, 08:51 AM

No data will be erased, and the font patch on D2N_font.bin will also stay intact.

(BTW, you can also upgrade the firmware without deleting any data - just don't use the "0" folder, start directly with the "1" folder.)

Old 05-25-2008, 02:44 PM

Added a version for firmware 3.54-3.57 in the first post.