android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Bought G1 Vibes due to abi - Should I buy XB?

I bought the G1 Vibes the instant they were released, because abi praised them so much. I liked they way they sounded, really brought up the quality in the 320kbps MP3s. Though, I stopped using them after a few months because I traded in quality for convenience in Bluetooth stereo.

Almost a year later, I hear they've been walked all over and almost forgotten by the XB's? Or was it X3s? What exactly are the differences?

Are they that bad or something? The biggest nuisances from the Vibes is the lack of isolation, the plug, the length of the cable, then the microphonics.
Well, isolation is the only variable nuisance, since it depends on the situation. At home, fine. On campus, eh, depends, whether I want to get into my music/video/game, or easily have a friend catch my attention. It's more of a double-edged sword. I liked how IEMs typically isolate, so I didn't have to raise the volume and experience that pure isolated sound.

Can I get the strong and weak points between the two, and an argument to upgrade or stay? And then what to do with the Vibes? Off the bat about the XB, I don't like the red/blue coloring that connects to the bud. The red/blue strip thing looks ok. The plain silver/black one, is that availabe?

I'm planning on getting the PSP Slim (new codecs included, plus homebrew scene very likely since the firmware was just dumped by DAX) - I already bought a 4 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo (...) and a screen protector from invisible SHIELD.

I'm not really interested in perpetually purchasing electronics. I want to settle into a device and accessory and stick with it until it breaks down, so I'm kind of miffed about the Vibes being outclassed so soon (for me).

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]