android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Speakers

Old 09-04-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Altec Lansing PT6021, FX6021 or Creative Gigaworks G500?

I want to buy a new sound system for my PC but I can't make my mind. Please comment about these speaker systems and help me choose the best. Keep in mind that my first priority is quality and definition.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-05-2007, 10:44 PM

the first 2 arent worth the money. The third is ok. Also consider the Klipsch PM 2.1, as well as the Aego M's

Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 PM

lol these altec's I've mentioned are about the best they produce when talking about affordable powered speakers ( $350 or less). Man I've heard those Klipsch and they are great but the sound quality is not as good as my altec MX5021, although klipsch PM 2.1 has a better sub. I like klipsch, I would like to see a more powerful system from them other than the klipsch PM 2.1 (dont tell me about the 5.1 PM).

Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 AM

Klipsch PM 2.1 GMX? I use it in my bedroom, cause it's better than my laptop speakers (and any of that Creative and Logitech 2.1 crap I heard).

Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emfa View Post
lol these altec's I've mentioned are about the best they produce when talking about affordable powered speakers ( $350 or less). Man I've heard those Klipsch and they are great but the sound quality is not as good as my altec MX5021, although klipsch PM 2.1 has a better sub. I like klipsch, I would like to see a more powerful system from them other than the klipsch PM 2.1 (dont tell me about the 5.1 PM).
Klipsch's IFI system was their higher offering until they discontinued it.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:01 AM

I ended up buying the logitech Z-5500 although I didn't planned on spending so much money, but this system is worth every peny without a doubt.