android
Old 09-04-2007, 06:34 PM

Default LAUNCHcast vs. Y!Music Unlimited

This is the first time I’ve ever registered for a forum or made a post. Please excuse me if I screw up here. My question is:

If I only want to use the Sansa Connect to listen to music via WiFi and do not want to download or buy music, can I use Yahoo’s LAUNCHcast Plus?

I bought a Sansa Connect a few days ago and I’m enjoying the free stations using the “Internet Radio”. Am I connecting to LAUNCHcast radio? For more stations and CD Quality sound I’ll pay $36/yr. for LAUNCHcast Plus.

Or do I have to pay ~ $150/yr for “Y! Music Unlimited To Go” in order to get something better than what I’m getting for free? At that price, forget it - I’m a cheapskate!

Using my laptop I set up a “My Station” on LAUNCHcast. When I connect with the Sansa Connect, it doesn’t see my custom station. I haven’t even loaded the software and connected the device to the computer. When I set up a custom station using that software is it different than what I’ve already set up using the website.

All help is appreciated - thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterbass5 View Post
This is the first time I’ve ever registered for a forum or made a post. Please excuse me if I screw up here. My question is:

If I only want to use the Sansa Connect to listen to music via WiFi and do not want to download or buy music, can I use Yahoo’s LAUNCHcast Plus?

I bought a Sansa Connect a few days ago and I’m enjoying the free stations using the “Internet Radio”. Am I connecting to LAUNCHcast radio? For more stations and CD Quality sound I’ll pay $36/yr. for LAUNCHcast Plus.

Or do I have to pay ~ $150/yr for “Y! Music Unlimited To Go” in order to get something better than what I’m getting for free? At that price, forget it - I’m a cheapskate!

Using my laptop I set up a “My Station” on LAUNCHcast. When I connect with the Sansa Connect, it doesn’t see my custom station. I haven’t even loaded the software and connected the device to the computer. When I set up a custom station using that software is it different than what I’ve already set up using the website.

I use both Launchcast online and through my Sansa and from what I can tell, the two are related only by name. If I am not mistaken you will not get any more stations or better quality if you sign up for Launchcast Plus. I don't currently subscribe to Launchcast Plus but what makes me believe that is online I get commercials in the free Launchcast stream however when I am listening on my Connect I don't get those same commercials. This leads me to believe that there is a disconnect in what is offered through the Connect than what is offered online.

If all things were equal, I would expect to hear commercials on my Connect.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterbass5 View Post

I just checked the Yahoo! site and couldn't find any way to purchase just the LaunchCast plus. That is only offered when you go for Yahoo Music Unlimited. I couldn't find any way to subscribe to the "To Go" feature although I myself have it. They may not be offering it anymore. The regular Music Unlimited subscription is about $71 and it gives you access to over 150 music stations.

Since you are still not sure what to go for, I say sign up for the trial period and cancel if you feel it isn't for you.

-ML

Old 01-19-2008, 01:03 PM

I get launchast plus through my yahoo-dsl (ATT). I don't think I have yahoo unlimited. I get all my launchast plus streams through the connect in "high" quality. I don't pay a subscription beyond my DSL bill. I don't know a way to subsribe to launchast alone though. hope that helps.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:47 PM

I have Launchcast Plus without Yahoo Music Unlimited.

http://music.yahoo.com/launchcast/su...com/launchcast