android
Old 09-03-2007, 12:06 AM

Default DIfferences between the TP and SP on M6?

Hello good people, any M6 owners can enlighten me on a few issues please...

What are the practical differences between the TP and SP? Which one is better? How do I distinguish them in a shop? And what is that about 1.009 firmware only in SP and not 1.007? Apparently the consequence is not to be able to use SRS WOW? WHy did they remove it? And How usable is this SRS effect anyway? (is it actually worth having?)

best regards

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Page

Hello,

I gathered some information from MeizuMe, and the main differences between the SP and TP versions of Meizu M6 are:
  1. Screen: the TP version uses a Toshiba screen, whereas the SP version uses a Samsung screen;
  2. Sound-quality: some users complain about the TP M6 being somewhat hissy.
I've been listening to my SP M6 for a few months, and I can only barely listen to hiss when I set the volume to 25+ (it goes up to 40) and look for it -- when paired with my low impedance ATH-CK7's; when I listen to it through my Koss PortaPro's or Sennheiser PX-100's, I can't hear any hiss.

I guess the only way to distinguish between SP and TP players is by looking on the back and reading the serial number (the SP version will have "SP" somewhere in it, while the TP version will have "TP"). I think it will be difficult for you to find TP version players being sold in stores -- they're really old.

About SRS WOW, I don't know why Meizu ditched it, but I like the enhancements provided by the current firmware version.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:51 PM

Thank you almoxil, I have now got myself a lovely black 8gb M6 SP with a silicon case. Hard choice wether to stick with the silicon case or get the custom skin protectors print outs. Just been playing around with it for 10 minutes, so far I am loving it. Right now I am upgrading the firmware to 2003.2 lets hope it works!

Old 09-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Page

Welcome aboard, blamuk! I hope you'll enjoy your M6 as much as I enjoy mine.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:03 PM

ok the firmware upgrade worked fine, now I am checking out the video function. I tried to use the iriverter recommended by abi, however with the newest version (17), I can't seem to find WHERE the java installation precedure has installed the program to - i.e. I cannot find the profiles etc and can't put the M6 profiles to iriverter's folder. Any ideas?

Old 09-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Page

Try downloading and installing iRiverter v. 0.16. That version worked just fine for me.