android
Old 09-01-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Can one send me VERSION.TXT file?

Hi, accidentaly I delete mi version.txt file and I need to recover.

My sansa is a e280 NO Rapsody

mail: tomassaucedo[at]gmail.com

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Take out the email address

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...6&d=1180634924 and here's the version.txt file
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 09-01-2007, 08:00 PM

Thanks, recently I download version.txt file and upload it on recovery mode, but when I try to enter again on recovery mode version.txt file its different

that is the file content:

Code:
Version Info: Product Rev.: €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€§-Й1екх'Ећ"|
Base Code: €€€€€€€€€€
I trying to put the right version.txt file but nothing happend, and when I unplug the sansa the screen show
Code:
safe to disconnect USB
Exit USB2.0 MSD mode
What can I do?

Old 09-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You can try the ultimate fix and if that doesn't work then post back just MAKE SURE there is a version.txt file in there

(WARNING:THIS WILL FORMAT YOUR PLAYER MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT BACKED UP FIRST)

EDIT oops forgot the link http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=15424
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 PM

MMM Doesn't work

Still appear the same problem and VERSION.TXT still be the bad file

Old 09-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomassaucedo View Post
MMM Doesn't work

Still appear the same problem and VERSION.TXT still be the bad file
Well what's the original problem if you tell us that we can help you fix it
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 09-01-2007, 09:24 PM

ok: I will star from the beggining (sorry for my english)

today I wake up and turn on my sansa, appear sandisk logo and then appears a black screen with a bar fo 4px height of a lot of colors in the bottom of the screen.

because the las week my player had freezed a lot of time I decided to format, but I do it wrong

I connect it on recovery mode and format the partition (16mb....)

then I upload a wron VERSION.TXT file, un plug the player correctly and when I try to turn on appears "load main image failed........"

so I wait to my brother came to my house because he have the same player, and I download from his sansa the VERSION.TXT file and I compare his file with my file

the content of my file is that:

Code:
Version Info: Product Rev.: €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€§-Й1≈кн'Бћ"|
and my brother file is that:

Code:
Version Info: Product Rev.: PP5022AF-05.51-S301-02.15-S301.02.15A-D
Base Code: 05.51-S301-02.15-S301.02.15A-D
ODM Ver.: S301-02.15-S301.02.15A-D
OEM Ver.: S301.02.15A-D
Build Type: -D
Build Date: 2006.11.03
Build Number: (Build 32.10)
So I put me brother's file on my player unplug it and the player don't restart by hisself.

on screen appears
Code:
safe to disconnect USB
Exit USB2.0 MSD mode
and the player never turn off or restart.

If I take out the battery and turn on again, appear
Code:
load main image failed........"
and If I enter on recovery mode and check the version file appears
Code:
Version Info: Product Rev.: €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€§-Й1≈кн'Бћ"|

THAT'S MY PROBLEM

Old 09-01-2007, 09:30 PM

I hope you didn't alter the files in any way, that "€€€€" stuff looks like it's binary, not ASCII...

Old 09-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I hope you didn't alter the files in any way, that "€€€€" stuff looks like it's binary, not ASCII...
I agree with dfkt do you still have a warranty on this because RMA is looking very close
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 09-01-2007, 09:34 PM

I will call to RMA on monday but my problem is I'm in argentina and here aren't a tchnical support

That is the reason beacause I want to repair it my selft, But if aren't another way maybe I will need to send it to the factory

Old 09-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd say try placing all four files onto the Sansa: a valid copy of the version.txt file, the mi4 firmware file, the rom bootloader file, and a copy of sansa.fmt.

The the firmware and bootloader should be available from either the firmware section of the forum, or in the FAQ. Sansa.fmt is simply a blank file that will erase everything. If that doesn't fix it, there's a fifth file you can put on there which could possibly fix it, but I'll wait before going that far.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:39 PM

recently I tryed your solution, but doesn't work.

tell me what about that 5th file.

thanks

Old 09-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The fifth file is the I2C boot rom, which is as low level as you can get. Download http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/e200tool/i2c-e280.bin and save it to the Recovery mode partition, and let it restart. On my Sansa, it took about 35 seconds for it to write the boot rom. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR SANSA UNTIL IT SAYS UPGRADE FINISHED. (Sorry for caps, but if the boot rom isn't completely written, you can face quite a few problems.)

On my Sansa, it seemed to freeze at "Resetting the system." I left it on for about two or three minutes like that, and forced it off. Upon restart, the Sansa didn't work, and only the blue scrollwheel came on. Luckily, I have everything needed to repair it, and had it fixed within about six minutes (I could reduce that time, but I didn't have e200tool downloaded)

So basically, while it can be fixed if you mess up, it's up to you if you want to take the risk. Generally, writing the boot rom has been done via e200tool, so I'm not sure how well it works via Recovery Mode

Let me know if you need more help, or clarification on anything.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:09 PM

REcently I try this method but the problem is that my player never restart, so files that I add never being updated.

I put I2C file on the recovery partition but when I disconnect and Unplug the player the screen show
Code:
safe to disconnnect USB Exit USB2.0 MSD mode
my player never restart alone when I disconnect it.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:46 PM

finally I called to sandisk support and they replace my sansa.

sandisk has an excellent client attention.