android
Old 08-27-2007, 01:17 PM

Default YH-J70 Repair Help

I have a yh-j70 and the screen has broken i contacted samsung and they were charging me 60 just for a screen repair so i was wondering if anyone could help me on where to buy new screens for the player and how to take it apart successfully. Have been able to take it apart, still need to know where to get the part.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM

Hi, you can also try request screen from service for samsung products in your country or you buy on website of samsungparts. Repair is not so difficult you can do it yourself but you must be very careful.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Cheers for that.Do you know any websites there could be i've already checked out ebay and amazon and others through google so i just don't know where to look now. I tried samsung parts and thats the only place that actually has the part but its almost 60 alone, might as well leave it or get it repaired. Thanks for that though

Old 08-28-2007, 07:07 AM

Sorry also I don't know another websites for component to repair your player. Only you can buy from www.samsungparts.com. I know that the price is not so cheap but it is standart for LCD modul. If you affraid change it try services.I think it's not very difficult also I dismantled my player because I had problem with system connector.All components put together by flat cables. Just working carfully with earthing stripe.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pictures.zip (123.0 KB, 66 views)

Old 08-28-2007, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the link, comes to almost 60 for the part alone might as well get samsung to do the full repair or i might just leave it as it is. I've disassembled the whole thing now even though i don't have a replacement screen. I cant see how the screen comes away from the circuit board it seems to be soldered on? By the way if you haven't taken it apart this far BE CAREFUL there are cables that could break. Look at the attachment at how to remove front casing to get to the LCD and battery without damaging anything. All stages before where this started are easy to figure out. If anyone wants help just ask.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YH-J70.zip (460.1 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by XJ3F3Y; 08-28-2007 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Extra Info

Old 08-29-2007, 03:13 AM

Page

The cable from screen is not solder. It's just insert to connector and I'm not sure now but also it is lock by connector. Just pick up or move it to side small plastic part and pull out cable. If you pull out can goes hard, don't worry, just take out. Sorry I wanted show few photo how to do it but I lent my player. Maybe next time.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:20 AM

I know the cable isn't soldered but i think the screen it self is though, each part coming down to connect to the main board is soldered. i finally managed to get the screen off now. Mine was soldered though. maybe yours isn't though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo-0002E.jpg (46.1 KB, 39 views)

Old 08-29-2007, 09:31 AM

Page

Oooo

I understand, if you don't have solder station & don't have experiences with soldering, please don't do it, you can demage it. Try services for electronic or somebody else;profesional repair. I've experiences with repairing because I work as repairman and I know that isn't easy without special machine or tools. Sorry but that's all what I can do for you. Really, you haven't eperiences don't do it.

How you take out it from pcb, by soldering?

Last edited by Almoxil; 08-29-2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: 2 consecutive posts from the same user

Old 08-29-2007, 10:25 AM

I can get things soldered my dad has a solder and knows how to do it well and i have watched him do alot of times and i'm sure i would of been able to do it myself, however i didn't want to wait a day or two until i next saw him so i used a screwdriver and scraped the soldering away and then push it out. All went fine although i wouldn't recommend it, it is a much better idea to do it with a solder. Just to clarify did yours have soldering in the end or not?

Old 08-30-2007, 05:37 PM

Page

Goog work. I think you waiting for screen now. After replace for bad screen,
please give me info about your success.
Thanks

Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 PM

Page

Hi XJ3F3Y

I would like ask you something about your player. What kind of model do you have YH-J70 SB, SW, LB or LW. And was included remote controller as accessory for player, because I searching till this day, but still unsucces.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip images.zip (72.7 KB, 60 views)

Old 09-04-2007, 02:18 PM

My model is the YH-J70SB and it did not come with the remote control, i always wanted to get one as my previous MP3 did have one and i found it useful, however i never did actually have a proper look. I still haven't found anywhere to get a cheap screen.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Samsung Moderator

The remote control for the YH-j70 has been presented by samsung korea but has never been sold, so it's impossible to find it

Old 04-21-2008, 06:16 PM

Hi,How do Idownload your picture zip to view yh-j70 parts

Old 04-22-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp View Post
Hi,How do Idownload your picture zip to view yh-j70 parts
Just click the text/link (the writing circled)and a window should appear asking you where you would like to save the files.

(Click image to enlarge)