android
Old 08-25-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Sansa Clip

http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/515

has a screen so its not "shuffle" like. but more like stone +

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-25-2007, 03:41 PM

That piece of news is Audiojunkies via DAPreview via... http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...sansa-clip.php

Old 08-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default SanDisk Sansa Clip

Sandisk appears to be releasing a new series - the Sansa Clip. It appears that it will be available in September, in one and two GB forms. The 1GB Clip will cost $40, with the 2 GB one costing $60. Has just about the same features as the Express, from the looks of it - FM/Voice recording, four line OLED screen, WMA/MP3 support, and 15 hour battery life. It will be available in four colors, black, red, pink, and blue.

Information at the CNET Crave blog and Engadget.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:39 PM

it seems to be a nice little player, i personally think sansa is going a good way with their scroll wheels. and i like how they added it to the clip and added a clip to the player.

i hope they make a 2nd gen with a micro sd expansion

Old 08-27-2007, 10:34 AM

That looks and sounds nice... The price is spectacular... But is it any better than the Express? For my money (and it was) the Express was a piece of garbage; if SanDisk hopes for people to shell out $60 for the Clip, it's firmware and memory management better be, well, better.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:50 AM

This is the first Sandisk player I'm interested in, seeing Sandisk's press release boldly claims "Superior sound – one of the best sounding MP3 players on the market"... I'd like to know how it fares against any Cowon, Kenwood, or the Trekstor Vibez.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:59 AM

i would only buy the Sansa Clip for my work. but i may go ahead and buy the Sansa Express.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:26 PM

I think it's more a competitor against the stone+. I personnel would buy this instead of a stone+.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:29 AM

Default it started my shopping

I don't know where I first saw this advertised but once I saw it, I started wanting a new MP3 player....this one. But, that also started me looking and I found this site. Now, I think the e200 series may fit my requirments better. They are not as small and don't have a clip, but have more memory and really do the same thing, don't they? I want a new player for the gym and it has to have a radio. I think the e200 will fit in my shorts pocket though.

joey

Old 09-19-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURR View Post
i would only buy the Sansa Clip for my work. but i may go ahead and buy the Sansa Express.
the clip is the replacement for the express... trust me, this is going to be better

Old 09-20-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweppes7T4 View Post
the clip is the replacement for the express... trust me, this is going to be better
What is this confidence based on? The features seem to be identical, down to colors and battery life. Size is comparable, even though I like the clips's form factor better. The clip is actually missing two nice features - the microSD slot, and the built in USB port.

So why is this going to be better?

Old 09-21-2007, 05:27 PM

Is there any word on when in September the Clip is going to be released?

I've found no information on that yet, and I've been eager to purchase one since the August announcement.

I love that the clip portion is removable from the player, on top of the other great features!

Old 09-21-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishturkish View Post
What is this confidence based on? The features seem to be identical, down to colors and battery life. Size is comparable, even though I like the clips's form factor better. The clip is actually missing two nice features - the microSD slot, and the built in USB port.

So why is this going to be better?

the press release says its the replacement for the express... that's where i got that from.

my friend has an express and... well, he's had 3. because they keep crashing beyond repair. granted, no, he never used the microSD card for it, and the usb port part... i didn't like that personally. its not a big deal to have the cable (unless you're travelling around a lot ripping music as you go)

Old 09-28-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Mtp/ums ?

It looks like the latest Sansa models are MTP only on Windows (can't select between MTP and UMS, unlike earlier Sansa models). Can anyone confirm this with the Sansa Clip?

If so, has anyone been able to force it to be UMS? I found this for the Sansa Express:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...24&postcount=3

Old 09-28-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPlanet View Post
It looks like the latest Sansa models are MTP only on Windows (can't select between MTP and UMS, unlike earlier Sansa models). Can anyone confirm this with the Sansa Clip?

If so, has anyone been able to force it to be UMS? I found this for the Sansa Express:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...24&postcount=3
Good question.

The Clip isn't in stores yet, so I don't think anyone will be able to help you. There is a good chance that the express and clip share similar guts, and this fix might work on it.