android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung T9

Old 08-22-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Check out the all-new Lasonic VP-02SBK! Oh wait, it's a complete Samsung T9 knockoff.

I was browsing through an ad for a local electronics shop today when I noticed an interesting mp3 player. It was small, held 2 gigs of music, played videos, and looked quite stylish. Trouble is, it looked uncannily similar to my Samsung YP-T9.

Ah, screw that, it looked exactly the same, for god's sake.

I introduce to you: the Lasonic VP-02SBK! Link to official site (with big version) here.

Good lookin' device, huh?

Oh, I'm sure that's not because it's a complete carbon copy of that one other pretty well-known device.. what's it called? Oooohhh, yeah. The Samsung T9. Heh. Almost forgot about that one.

Actually, I take back the part about it being a complete carbon copy. To their credit, the Taiwan-based Lasonic has conveniently removed two of the side buttons in a unprecedented design move that Samsung should've thought of ages ago. They've also flipped the colors of the four-way directional pad, giving the player an aesthetic quality that should make every Samsung designer smack their head and say "D'oh! Why didn't I think of that?"

The best part is, it's on sale at Fry's Electronics across the entire flippin' nation. You can can grab one now! According to the product description,

"With the built-in Lithium polymer rechargeable it can be recharge just by connected to a USB interface."

What are you waiting for?!!! It's only $59.99, and who knows how much cheaper it'll get after the inevitable Frybates to follow. Hurry!

Creative Zen Micro 5 GB
iPod Video 30 GB
Sandisk Sansa M250 512 MB
Sandisk SDMX 256 MB
Centon 128 MB

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's not the only. Take a look at this one.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:20 PM

^^that one even have a built in speaker, lol

Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 AM

but both the t9 copycats doesnt have flash based games in it...

Old 08-23-2007, 09:48 AM

that΄s totally normal... when some player is successfull then some other brands "steal" the idea from others and try to get money on this way... i think it is absurd.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:12 AM

Is it any good?

Old 08-23-2007, 06:24 PM

That's crazy... the second one's worse, too. It's almost exactly the same.

"I guess you could call me a key lime pie noob."

Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 PM

Are people really so dumb they can't think of making their own designs? Ha those t9 clones look so cheap and so much like a toy I played with when I was 1 yrs old. Don't think anyone would buy it, probably broke the first day they owned it..

Old 08-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's not dumb, it's actually clever(ish), since uninformed people don't know the difference between the real and the fake player... power of recognition, specs don't matter much in such a scenario. They sure sell more if the knockoff looks like a Samsung or iPod than if it would look like all the other generic Chinese OEM players. Legally, it's a whole different matter, of course.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:40 PM

HaHa. I guess that's true too.. Trying to rip people off. But about selling a lot, it seems to look a lot more worse than what a real ipod or samsung would look like.. Even in the pictures, the packaging is terrible, along with the finish of the player itself. Also, usually clones have 'hacked' memories. That means that they actually have a 64 mb flash card and hack it so it says 4 gigs or 2 gigs.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 PM

that's also true, but it's easy to sue the company who "hack" their cards to make it look like a 2gb for false advertising, heck it'd get you at least the $100 for a REAl T9 lol, that second one loks EXACTLY like the t9 purple! well, almost, the T9 doesn't ahve built in speaker, the clone is missing 2 buttons, and the t9 purp is a little bit darker but that's the only differences really

Old 08-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

oh-oh the P2 is seriously gonna get ripped off, if the small companies can affors a touchscreen

Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 AM

Would it be worth it to try the Lasonic? I have the t9 and have two cousins that want it, they don't care about the games, so as a player is the lasonic "rip off" anygoo?

Old 08-24-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorb20 View Post
Would it be worth it to try the Lasonic? I have the t9 and have two cousins that want it, they don't care about the games, so as a player is the lasonic "rip off" anygoo?
I can assure you that it's terrible.

"I guess you could call me a key lime pie noob."

Old 08-25-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorb20 View Post
Except for the casing, these devices have nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with a T9. Just some junk in fancy clothes...

Old 08-25-2007, 12:13 PM

Are there any less well known companies that make good players? And also, Is Lasonic as a company a joke, or do they make some decent stuff? Just curious since I can't find much info on them.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:24 PM

They're most likely one of those countless Chinese companies which all use the same cheap standard parts (chipset etc.) to produce devices for the low-budget market.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1ck3n View Post
They're most likely one of those countless Chinese companies which all use the same cheap standard parts (chipset etc.) to produce devices for the low-budget market.
Exactly, so people can get a player that looks like a T9 and doesn't do all the same things for a lot less
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 08-26-2007, 12:53 AM

well yea they are both similar although the t9's battery life is 30 hours music and 6 hours video.....the "fake thing" has 6-8 music and 3-4 video...and thats a major thing for me because i know over time the battery life of rechargable mp3 decreases.... and i dont think the "fake thing" lol has all the similar features such as the easy navigating menu, wallpapaers, and firmware updates ARENT included.....SOO what im basicaly saying is only buy from companies that are well known or actually have a commercial proving they arent garbage lol

Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 PM

Eh..i like Samsung T9 better...knock off or not =p
It also came in a pretty box... xD