android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung T9

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Check out the all-new Lasonic VP-02SBK! Oh wait, it's a complete Samsung T9 knockoff.

I was browsing through an ad for a local electronics shop today when I noticed an interesting mp3 player. It was small, held 2 gigs of music, played videos, and looked quite stylish. Trouble is, it looked uncannily similar to my Samsung YP-T9.

Ah, screw that, it looked exactly the same, for god's sake.

I introduce to you: the Lasonic VP-02SBK! Link to official site (with big version) here.

Good lookin' device, huh?

Oh, I'm sure that's not because it's a complete carbon copy of that one other pretty well-known device.. what's it called? Oooohhh, yeah. The Samsung T9. Heh. Almost forgot about that one.

Actually, I take back the part about it being a complete carbon copy. To their credit, the Taiwan-based Lasonic has conveniently removed two of the side buttons in a unprecedented design move that Samsung should've thought of ages ago. They've also flipped the colors of the four-way directional pad, giving the player an aesthetic quality that should make every Samsung designer smack their head and say "D'oh! Why didn't I think of that?"

The best part is, it's on sale at Fry's Electronics across the entire flippin' nation. You can can grab one now! According to the product description,

"With the built-in Lithium polymer rechargeable it can be recharge just by connected to a USB interface."

What are you waiting for?!!! It's only $59.99, and who knows how much cheaper it'll get after the inevitable Frybates to follow. Hurry!

Creative Zen Micro 5 GB
iPod Video 30 GB
Sandisk Sansa M250 512 MB
Sandisk SDMX 256 MB
Centon 128 MB

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]