android
Old 08-19-2007, 02:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Guide to album art on the T9

Here's a guide to making album art WORK on the T9
First download MP3Tag from here http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
Then install it open it and add the directory that you want like this

then after you do that you need to download the album art like this use 200X200 or smaller with a small filesize otherwise it won't work such as the file size I used 8k 9 or 10k will work too but it has to be 200X200 or it won't work

Then you right click the area in the lower right and click add cover when you do that you add the folder.jpg that you just downloaded the area in the lower right like right here

Then click file and then save tag, like I show below
Then transfer the song to you're player and it will display the album art.
NOTE
You need the 1.80 MTP or UMS firmware in order for this to work

Hope this helps someone out
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-20-2007, 10:53 AM

On another Note,

Putting your Albums into WMP 11 and putting album art on with it will automatically format it to 200X200.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnAll View Post
On another Note,

Putting your Albums into WMP 11 and putting album art on with it will automatically format it to 200X200.
Yes, I am aware of that but I am not sure if everyone has WMP11 yet
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 08-21-2007, 05:42 AM

yeah, but when you do the cover with wmp then you still need to save the file with mp3tag afterwards because not all colvers will be shown when you don´t do that. but still a good thread and i think it should be sticky.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It is a very clear guide, stickied. If anyone else feels that a guide (either step by step, or pictorial) for another tagging method is helpful it would be great to see. I might make one for MediaMonkey later...

Old 08-26-2007, 02:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

RCM’s guide was a very good idea, so I’ve made one for a different method. There are many programs which can do provide for the T9’s album art requirements, but I have found that using Mediamonkey is one of the easiest. A free version, or MMGold which provides more control over your library, can be downloaded here.

After scanning tracks into your library, album art belonging to a selected file can be seen in the bottom left of the window (by default).

To add album art, once we locate an image in any browser which is 200 x 200 pixels or less, it just needs to be dragged & dropped here.

By default you will receive a message box asking how to use the album art, if you select: store in tag; apply to all tracks on the album; and do this every time (or something similar), then you will only ever have to select these options once.

Once the “number of files to be tagged” message disappears you are done and the music is ready to transfer to the T9.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 AM

There are three key things to know about T9 album art:
1. The mp3 being transferred must have the album art embedded in the id3 tag for the art to show on the T9. (You can use MediaMonkey, Samsung Media Studio and other apps to do this)
2. The T9 has restrictions on how big the album art embedded in the id3 tag can be. (< or = 200x200)
3. Samsung Media Studio will automatically re-size the embedded art so it conforms to 200x200. If you do not use SMS to transfer the files and the embedded art is too big (ie. if you drag and drop mp3s), the album art will not show.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatuchi View Post
There are three key things to know about T9 album art:
1. The mp3 being transferred must have the album art embedded in the id3 tag for the art to show on the T9. (You can use MediaMonkey, Samsung Media Studio and other apps to do this)
2. The T9 has restrictions on how big the album art embedded in the id3 tag can be. (< or = 200x200)
3. Samsung Media Studio will automatically re-size the embedded art so it conforms to 200x200. If you do not use SMS to transfer the files and the embedded art is too big (ie. if you drag and drop mp3s), the album art will not show.
Actually I don't think SMS resizes it because I tried it and it didn't work. As for the filesize it seems to only work with files 10KB or less
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 09-02-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander View Post
RCM’s guide was a very good idea, so I’ve made one for a different method. There are many programs which can do provide for the T9’s album art requirements, but I have found that using Mediamonkey is one of the easiest. A free version, or MMGold which provides more control over your library, can be downloaded here.

After scanning tracks into your library, album art belonging to a selected file can be seen in the bottom left of the window (by default).

To add album art, once we locate an image in any browser which is 200 x 200 pixels or less, it just needs to be dragged & dropped here.

By default you will receive a message box asking how to use the album art, if you select: store in tag; apply to all tracks on the album; and do this every time (or something similar), then you will only ever have to select these options once.

Once the “number of files to be tagged” message disappears you are done and the music is ready to transfer to the T9.

very nice! Are all of wikipedia album art pictures compatable with the T9? Are they exactly 200x200?? Also, how can I see if the album art tagged to my song is already 200x200? It doesn't say in Media Monkey.

I might make one with SMS soon later on.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
very nice! Are all of wikipedia album art pictures compatable with the T9? Are they exactly 200x200?? Also, how can I see if the album art tagged to my song is already 200x200? It doesn't say in Media Monkey.
Almost all wikipedia images are 200x200 or less, but not all. I think that only the horizontal component is restricted to 200, so some may be 200x201 which won't do. This is why (above) I have the image properties open to double check.

Quote:
Also, how can I see if the album art tagged to my song is already 200x200? It doesn't say in Media Monkey.
As far as I know MM does not display this information. You can tell more-or-less by viewing the picture at 100% (after double clicking it).

Quote:
I might make one with SMS soon later on.
I'm sure that would be appreciated by many

Old 09-03-2007, 01:50 PM

Here's the SMS guide.

Choose the song you want to tag. Right click it and select "Properties"

Upon clicking on Properties, a window will pop up and have the tag information.

Now, with either Firefox, or Internet Explorer, find the album and save it to your computer. The size doesn't matter. Then, select change and find the place you saved your file. Click "Open"

Now, you should see the image in the small gray box. That is your album art. Press Ok and it will be saved to the tag. Sync using SMS and the image will be automatically resized.

Smarty

Old 09-03-2007, 05:12 PM

I don't know if I'm the only one doing this, but I just find the album art picture on the internet (google) and I resize it to 200x200. Then I right click it and click copy. The I go to Windows Media Player and right click on the album with the songs and it gives you the option "Paste album art" so that's what I click. Then the pc will put the album art on every song, and then you just add the songs into Samsung Media Studio. This will cancel any neccesary programs, and it works (for me anyway). It sounds complicated but once you do it, you'll notice that it's really easy! (I use windows media player 11 btw)

Old 09-03-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Puffin View Post
I don't know if I'm the only one doing this, but I just find the album art picture on the internet (google) and I resize it to 200x200. Then I right click it and click copy. The I go to Windows Media Player and right click on the album with the songs and it gives you the option "Paste album art" so that's what I click. Then the pc will put the album art on every song, and then you just add the songs into Samsung Media Studio. This will cancel any neccesary programs, and it works (for me anyway). It sounds complicated but once you do it, you'll notice that it's really easy! (I use windows media player 11 btw)
You do realize that you can just sync with WMP 11 instead of adding it to SMS again? That would be a LOT easier to do. But, it is basically the same as my guide above.

Smarty

Old 09-03-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
You do realize that you can just sync with WMP 11 instead of adding it to SMS again? That would be a LOT easier to do. But, it is basically the same as my guide above.

Smarty
O oke. Well, I guess I like to do extra work then lol ! Thanks for the tip!

Old 09-24-2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Here's the SMS guide.

Choose the song you want to tag. Right click it and select "Properties"

Upon clicking on Properties, a window will pop up and have the tag information.

Now, with either Firefox, or Internet Explorer, find the album and save it to your computer. The size doesn't matter. Then, select change and find the place you saved your file. Click "Open"

Now, you should see the image in the small gray box. That is your album art. Press Ok and it will be saved to the tag. Sync using SMS and the image will be automatically resized.

Smarty
To do multiple files in the same way, just select however many you need, right-click and click properties. There will be a list box on the far left with all of the names of the songs. In it's right corner will be a checkbox labeled "Update All". Then do as above, and now all of the files will have that album art.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:40 AM

Default Album Art

I have read all these methods of how to display album art on the T9 and they all talk about adding the art to the tags. Most of my albums have the art attached to them. This was done when I ripped them using WMP11. There are four different types of images. I have tried all permutations and combinations of dragging and dropping the images on to the T9. With my other Samsung MP3 players this works fine and in one case I don't even need to do that. Why can't I get it to display on the T9?

Old 10-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
Why can't I get it to display on the T9?
Album art must be embedded within the song's tag like the methods above demonstrate. WMP11 will not do this automatically (but I believe it's possible to do this manually through WMP). For album art the T9 will completely disregard any loose picture file which you transfer to it.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:46 AM

Also, they have to be 200 X 200 or less or else they won't work. I have found that WMP doesn't seem to tag the files right for the T9.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Another easy way to do this

The problem is that WMP11 uses its own little personal album art system just for the program. when it sync's to a device, it will convert back to the regular format.. sometimes. I found, to get around this error (and to avoid downloading extra programs like above) open up your music folder in explorer and enable hidden files/folders and also disable "hide protected operating system files" (both can be found in explorer under tools > folder options > 'view' tab). Drag the "Folder.jpg" file ontop of the corresponding album art picture in WMP11. this will attach that image to all of the songs for that album (basically its doing the same thing as in the programs listed above, but instead of using a third-party program to insert the images, your having WMP11 do this). After that, you can sync music to your device using WMP's embedded sync tool ONLY for MP3 files. You can sync WMA files, but they require you to copy the "Folder.jpg" file onto your YP-T9 manually.

A few things that i found out you can/can't do with this device and WMP11:

Can't:
..Use WMA music files with embedded .JPG album art files (to fix, copy the Folder.JPG file for your album into the corresponding folder on the YP-T9)

Can:
..Use WMA files with a seperate Folder.JPG file for the album art
..Use MP3 files with embedded album art (after the fix listed above)
..Use MP3 files with a seperate Folder.JPG file for album art (same as WMA files)

anything confusing just post

Old 10-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I didn't think the T9 even read the folder.jpg that was stored in the folder along with the other songs
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m