android
Old 08-09-2007, 07:53 PM

Default How long does it take for the connect to charge?

I just bought my connect and it has been charging for the past 4 hours and still has the blue lights on the power button. Is it normal for it to be taking this long on the first charge?

Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony-AN94 View Post
I just bought my connect and it has been charging for the past 4 hours and still has the blue lights on the power button. Is it normal for it to be taking this long on the first charge?

Thank you.
Yes, if the player has been sitting for a while it will take a while to charge

And welcome to ABi
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 08-10-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Problem

It's been over 13 hours of charging now and it is still showing up as blue. I ended up just taking it out but now my computer does not even recognize the device

Old 08-10-2007, 07:05 AM

Default More problems

It is recognized now but it takes like one hour to transfer each song. I am getting so frustrated with all of these products I am buying that need to be returned. I returned my malfunctioned Zune and bought this and now this needs to be returned.

Why can't companies just put out good products.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:08 AM

Now it's not even recognized again. My mom won't drive me to return it because she has work and we are going on vacation tomorrow. Basically I'm stuck with a $250.00 brick as of right now and I won't even be able to return it within the 7 days at Walmart.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:45 PM

Hey Anthony,

First thing you should make sure of is that your Sansa Connect isn't connected through some sort of USB hub. You may not be able to get enough power that way. Try charging the device using the wall charger. Let it charge for a few hours... Let me know if that works.

Once your unit is charged, see if your computer will detect it. If it does not detect your unit at first, try a reset of the device (to reset your device, hold the power button for 20 seconds, when you let go it should automatically boot up). This was a known issue with the older version of the firmware (version 1.0). I'm suspecting this is the case with you since you recently bought it from the store. Its possible this was a unit that was in their inventory for some time...

To check the firmware of your device, navigate to home>settings>info>software versions. If you do not see:

ZAP: 1.0.1.27236r

That means you need to update your firmware.

To update your firmware, simply stream internet radio for about 30 mins... This will allow you to download the update over the air, and the device will automatically install it for you. When it is finished, you will be prompted to reboot your device.

I hope you can get your Sansa Connect up and running before your vacation. The device is really cool once it is up to date and working properly.

Let me know if you run into anything else.

-ML

Old 08-10-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Thanks!

I was still having the same problems so I decided I would just check out the Wifi features and it prompted me for the download. I figured this wasn't anything special but after reading your response I tried it out and it's working. For some reason though when transferring certain albums it freezes at a certain song and won't transfer anymore.

None the less I still transfered 300 songs and have been using the free Wifi service for hours. This thing is so amazing. I ended up cutting off a piece of one of my PSP screen protectors to fit the Connect because it is just so sleek and sexy that I did not want to take the risk of scratching the screen.

My parents are not letting me buy the monthly service but the free Wifi radio helps sooo much. I just listen to different stations and if I like the song I will just download it on my computer. Thanks a lot, the Connect is sick.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:45 PM

I'm glad to hear you like the Sansa Connect.

Just a note... Yahoo is allowing free trials of the Yahoo Music Unlimited to go for 2 weeks. I know its pretty short for a trial, but if you want to see what it has to offer, sign up for it..... After all, it's free. The only thing is you need to cancel after the two weeks are up if you want to avoid being charged!

-ML

Old 09-28-2007, 01:58 PM

Using the AC adapter, I was able to charge my completely drained Connect in about two hours. That's when I checked it after plugging it in, anyway ... it may have actually been fully charged before that.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 PM

I noticed that if the blue light on the power button is fading off and on, then it is charging. If it's a constant blue light then it's fully charged.