android
Old 08-04-2007, 05:56 PM

Default I hate ID3 tags!!!

Or should I say I hate Sansa???

I am getting annoyed by this E200 i purchased (for my wife) because it doesnt display/play by folder name. I have loads of ripped cds from 1995 and majority of them are just tagged track1.. track2 etc..

Its a pain in the ass to rename every single one of them and Ive got bad memory remembering titles so Im not bothered.

I hope Sandisk will make their players display and play folder names in addition to using ID3 tags.

I have used a few MP3 players before (bought from ebay) and they can display folders.

Is there any program that can be installed onto sansa that plays mp3s as easy as WINAMP?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Take a second to calm down and breath.......okay......now download MP3Tag and use the freedb option and it will go find the song information for you. And sorry to tell you, but browsing by folder is disappearing on a lot of players not just Sandisk.

How To Remove the Hebrew Beta firmware

Old 08-04-2007, 08:09 PM

You’ll love them once you get the hang of Mp3tag

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-04-2007, 08:20 PM

What are you more pissed off about - having to tag all your files, or not being able to browse by folder?

There's no way around spending some time to solve this one - either invest in tagging all your files and get used to the Sansa's browsing scheme, or invest in reading the Rockbox manual and get used to the lack of eye candy. I personally can't stand not being able to browse by folder, but since this is for your wife, I'll risk relying on a stereotype and say something that looks "pretty" is important. So good luck with the tagging

Old 08-05-2007, 03:13 AM

1 having to tag all my files = 20%
2 not able to browse by folder = 80%

I was planning to buy myself the 8gb one... but I guess I have to practise on my wife's first!

Ive tried Mp3tag but it always says "the query returned no results". Maybe Im missing something here. Can you tell me the technique???

Old 08-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

First, go to the Options and make sure MP3Tag is only writing v2 tags and only deleting v1. Also turn on the Subfolder option if you want to see all your tunes at one time. Before you start tagging, you want to use the Remove Tag option to remove all v1 tags from all your files. They have been known to cause issues on the Sansa, so v2 are preferred. The track can contain both v1 and v2, but there can be conflicts using both.

1. Open MP3Tag and select all the songs for a particular album.
2. I like to use the Amazon option under freedb, but you may have to try the other options as well.
3. It will say Search By Album. Enter the artist name here and hit OK.
4. It should return all albums by that artist. Choose the the correct one and hit OK. (you can hit Preview and it will launch the Amazon page so you can double check if needed.)
5. Now you can see how it is going to tag your files. You can also choose to embed the album art if desired. Hit OK and it will tag all your files for that album.

Good luck.

How To Remove the Hebrew Beta firmware

Old 08-05-2007, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the nice step-by-step -- perhaps this should go in the Ultimate Sansa FAQ?

Old 08-05-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNano View Post
Thanks for the nice step-by-step -- perhaps this should go in the Ultimate Sansa FAQ?
Good idea, but probably better under software, as it can be used across all the forums...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc