android
Old 08-21-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Theme not loading

I just installed Rockbox on my Sansa e270. I realize the interface is not very pretty, so I downloaded some themes and unziped them directly to my Sansa. Even after several tries, I only have the default themes to choose from on my Themes menu. Someone plz help me? What am I doing wrong here? Also, does the sound quality suppose to be bad when using Rockbox firmware?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust in peace View Post
I just installed Rockbox on my Sansa e270. I realize the interface is not very pretty, so I downloaded some themes and unziped them directly to my Sansa. Even after several tries, I only have the default themes to choose from on my Themes menu. Someone plz help me? What am I doing wrong here? Also, does the sound quality suppose to be bad when using Rockbox firmware?
Where are you unzipping the themes to? When unzipped, the file /.rockbox/themes/[themename].cfg should exist, as well as /.rockbox/wps/[themename].wps

Testing in the past has shown the sound quality is as good as the original firmware.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:40 PM

Also the song titles appear as the name of the file, not the tag. Any way to solve this other than changing the file name?

Old 08-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

How are songs related to themes not loading? To answer your question, you can use the database in Rockbox to list songs by their tags. The first time you choose Database from the main menu, it'll need to be initialized, but after that it won't. After it initializes, it'll need to restart, but before you do that, you should turn on Auto Updating, either by highlighting the Database option (not selecting, just 'highlighting') and press down, select Auto Update, and select "Yes", or by going to Settings -> General Settings -> Database -> Auto Update -> Yes. Both ways will work, the first is just a shortcut. After you turn on Auto Updating, you can restart, and after it commits the database, all your songs should appear in the Database.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:55 PM

I wasn't stating that the songs weren't loading, just that the song title does not appear as the song title, rather the mp3file name. My question was rather off topic, so I apologize. Thanks for the advice anyways. I

Old 08-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It didn't bother me, I just kind of got thrown off by it. Did the database work for you?