android
Old 07-29-2007, 02:18 AM

Exclamation How Can I Transfer Music

I was using WMP 11 but I found it was a piece of crap because every time i wanted to add a new song it had to sync every thing again which doubled and tripled the songs. I tried using Winamp in MSC mode but it seems to not know how many files to add constantley syncing the wrong amount of music files. MediaMonkey just doesnt reckonize the e280 in MSC or MTP mode.
Can you please help me and tell me what the mode are and what mode is required for what software.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-29-2007, 11:26 AM

There is a really nice program here-Playlister 1.4 that can do what you need in MSC Mode. I use it to send my Media Monkey generated playlists to the e280. Very simple.
The best catalog and overall player , IMO, is Media Monkey. Many others here use it and the program is Free. However, I paid the fee for the Gold Lifetime license and feel that it is worth every penny. Support is terrific. You need to be using version 2.5.5.998 under XP. I have no issues seeing the player in either mode. You will want to set "Folder Options" so that you can see 'hidden' items tho.
Take WMP11 and dump it and then install WMP10 if you really want something that is a MS product. As far as I'm concerned the player is junk and should not be a standard component in Windows XP.
That's my 2 cents.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:13 AM

Do you have WMP 11 set to autosync?

Old 08-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Drag and drop in MSC mode?

Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 PM

You probably set it to automatic when you first plugged it in. I think you have to set it to manual.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:02 PM

for me, drag & drop is invincible

Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chale141 View Post
I was using WMP 11 but I found it was a piece of crap because every time i wanted to add a new song it had to sync every thing again which doubled and tripled the songs.
Hey look, it's a case of user error! Turn off sync when device is connected in WMP 11. It's not a piece of crap, you're just dumb.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:28 PM

I use my e280 in MSC mode with a simple DOS batch file that I run from a shortcut on my desktop. The DOS batch file uses "ROBOCOPY" to perform a sync of my music. The batch file:

robocopy "C:\data\music" "f:\music" /S /PURGE /V /NP /LOG:"c:\data\sync.log" /R:10 /W:30

This will copy my new or updated music and album art files to my Sansa on F:, process all subdirectories, remove "missing" files that were on F: but now may have been moved or renamed (mp3 and jpg), and write a .log file of the actions taken. I just point to that in a shortcut on my desktop and double click. Takes a short time if you don't have a huge amount of changes. Low tech? Sure, but it works well and is very quick.

Incidentally, I read in the forums here to name your album art to "album art.jpg" in each album's folder which works fairly well for the Sansa. However, I've been using Winamp 5.5 to play my music on my PC and found that it prefers the art files to be named to match the album title. I then found that both Sansa and Winamp 5.5 can agree to use "folder.jpg" as the album art filename. Works like a charm and no "double" jpg image files with different filenames.