android
Old 08-19-2006, 07:22 AM

Default Headphone Newbie Looking..

I've never really looked closely at earphones.. I'm planning to get a new mp3 player and I want some good, comfortable headphones, as I will probably be listening to them for some time.
I would like them to be "sports" headphones, the ones that go on the back of your head. Earbuds will be okay too, as long as they are comfy-ish.
I will mostly be listening to them in the car or when travelling. I might also listen to them on an airplane.
I also will be wearing when I'm outside on the street, so I do want to hear the "outside world", just to be safe.

Any suggestions? Any would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-19-2006, 07:35 AM

The big question with headphones is, what is your budget? You can get headphones from $4 to thousands of dollars. For more information than you ever imagined about headphones, the Head-Fi forums are a great resource.

The Koss KSC-75 is probably the most often recommended inexpensive headphone. It's not a neck band, but a clip-on style. You can get them in lots of stores, or on Amazon for as little as $US 12. Check here. They also make a KSC-55 which is the behind-the-neck version for a few bucks more. You can also get those off of Amazon and they're linked at the bottom of the page with the 75's.

The more money you want to spend, the more complicated things get. Spend some time doing a bit of research and you'll see what I mean.
Grado SR-60