android
Old 07-08-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Simple Play List maker - from m3u2pla author

Here is my blurb from the readme - it explains it all:

--
I am the author of m3u2pla, posted by TBAFROMCA to the Anything But iPod web site http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...read.php?t=537 . I wrote that program for TBAFROMCA without having seen a Sansa player. He tested it out and said it did what he needed and he posted it to the forum for all to use. Apparently others have found it useful too. Since I did not have a Sansa player, I hadn't thought to much about the program for a while. Now I have a Sansa and so I dusted off the program to make it a bit friendlier to use.
--

Anyhow, the PLAme program lets you create Sansa Playlists without any other software - just directly use files on your Sansa, in MSC mode.

v1.1 - adds "iriver" playlist support.

v1.2 - adds the ability to edit existing .pla files

- Enjoy.

P.S. don't take it personally if I don't monitor this thread often.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PLAme v1.2.zip (182.7 KB, 678 views)

Last edited by excellentcode; 04-05-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Updated to version 1.2

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-09-2007, 08:57 AM

Thank you SO MUCH for the playlist conversion program-
it works GREAT!

Old 03-08-2008, 04:33 PM

excellentcode, please check your private messages.

Thanks,

Geo

Old 06-18-2008, 03:11 PM

Hey! Great program... but it doesn't work with new Sony Walkman-Series (S516 for example). They also play only PLA-Lists ... and I don't like Windows Media Player for creating these lists.

It would be great, if you could make it possible using the tool for Sony S516-Series :-)

thanks over again
and greetings from germany

indie_rockr

ps. i hope my english is tolerable

Old 06-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie_rockr View Post
Hey! Great program... but it doesn't work with new Sony Walkman-Series (S516 for example). They also play only PLA-Lists ... and I don't like Windows Media Player for creating these lists.

It would be great, if you could make it possible using the tool for Sony S516-Series :-)

thanks over again
and greetings from germany

indie_rockr

ps. i hope my english is tolerable
If you have WMP11 installed you can create playlists by right clicking in the explorer window without actually using WMP

Old 01-23-2009, 07:24 PM

Default SIREN V does not works.

Thank you for a nice program.

> If you have WMP11 installed you can create playlists by right clicking in the explorer window without actually using WMP

I think so too, but... some My PC's OS are Windows2000, sorry. Windows2000 OS can do WMP-9, or -10 version.

SIREN V's playlist can make by WMP11. I always connect a SIREN V on windows2000.
SIREN's MP3 Players are presented by iRiver in Japan, I tried a iRiver mode.

Some playlists can make in /Playlist folder and other folers by PLAme-iriver mode, but my mp3 player SIREN V's Playlist menu cannot see them.
and... WMP11's playlists are zero size files. A making PLAme's playlists are not zero size.

I hope next PLAme version can make for WMP11.

Thank you.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:18 AM

Thumb Up

I have iriver E100.

PLAme is great program, but…

Is it possible to make this program drag'n'drop (or give checkboxes to folders)? When I want to add the whole artist catalog (inside it are albums) I have to check all files in each album one by one. When i want to add 20 albums is a lot of work.

In Create Play List mode you can add sorting (I prefer sorting by folders and files ), and the adjusting order could be made by mouse (like in WinAMP or foobar2000)? The other thing... It is impossible to mark more then one file and delete or move up or down more then one file.

Secret iriver mode works great for playlist creating from music files. Can you add this mode to m3u2pla tab?

And the last thing.
iriver saving mode doesn’t work for pla files. Saving in iriver mode cuts first three letters (I know that it should cut drive letter with : and \).

For all iriver owners and PLAme users :

Because of above problems I create m3u in foobar2000 or KMP or WinAMP, then convert to pla with your PLAme (m3u2pla tab), then add drive letter (for example “E:\”) after “HARP, ” in this not iriver pla using notepad, then add this changed pla to your PLAme. And then I save it in iriver mode and… it works.

I know you have more interesting things to do than adding more functionality to your program, but maybe you will find some time to make it better for other people.

P.S. Why only mp3, wma and pla are able to select (ogg, wav, flac, ape should be selectable as well)?

And sorry about my English.

--
Habeck

Old 03-24-2009, 06:10 PM

Do you have a v2? I have been unable to use it with mine