android
Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 PM

Default MuVo can't find songs

For some reason, there are certain songs on my MuVo that I can't listen to unless they aren't placed in a band/album folder. They need to be right in the main music folder to be found, and if I create a folder for them within the player to put them in, the player can't find them when I try to listen to them.

Obviously, this creates problems with the organization of the music on my MuVo. Because it does this with more than one artist, I have to go searching through about 15 different songs to find what I want. Also note that it only does this with some of the songs, not all of them. I've tried both synchronizing the files to the player (I use Windows Media Player) and clicking-and-dragging them into the player.

Solutions?

BTW, I'm using a MuVo V100.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-07-2007, 01:19 PM

Scourge441, Welcome to ABi >> what a lucky day to sign up 7-7-7...pull up a chair and stay a while...

If the MuVo does not read file names and only tags. You will have to correct your ID3 tags. You can easily accomplish this with a free program called Mp3tag , the help files will help you with this task. Once you correct your tags either format your player and reload tunes or delete all your music, refresh db and reload tunes.

Edit: From the Creative site:
Quote:
…the LCD provides full track information (ID3 tags)…

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-07-2007, 02:35 PM

It can read the track names and such just fine. It's just that when I create a folder to put the songs in, it suddenly can't go into the folder and find the track like it can with the rest of the songs.

For example, I have 5 songs by The Acacia Strain on my MuVo. Those 5 songs are located in F:/Music/The Acacia Strain/The Dead Walk. I synchronize 3 songs by Agalloch onto the player. Those songs are located in F:/Music/Agalloch/Ashes Against the Grain. When I listen to the player, it can find the songs by The Acacia Strain, and not the songs by Agalloch. If the songs by Agalloch are located in F:/Music and not F:/Music/Agalloch/Ashes Against the Grain, it can find the songs. I'm trying to fix it so that it can find the songs in F:/Music/Agalloch/Ashes Against the Grain so the music will be organized better.

I'm looking at the ID3 tags, and everything looks to be intact, so I'm not sure that's the problem. What should I be looking for? If it's just missing track names/artists/track numbers, then everything is okay there and the ID3 tags aren't the problem.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:09 AM

Scourge441, I was only making a suggestion that works on my player, I donĺt own a MuVo, hopefully someone that does will be able to help you.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-13-2007, 01:03 PM

So, no one has a solution?

I did get some of the music I wanted to appear by deleting a couple of the artists from my player. Is there a limit on how many folders you can have on the MuVo? Mine won't go higher than 38, and until recently it was stuck on 37.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I can't find the documentation for my MuVo at the moment, but I seem to recall there being a limit on directories - namely, only directories off of root can be navigated; subdirectories cannot.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:03 PM

I haven't had problems with subdirectories. It usually reads them just fine. However, for some of my artists it can't even find the main directory.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:53 AM

Default MuVo V100 fails.

Might be able to offer some insight - it seems that the MuVo V100s firmware doesnt like you to use anything other then its self-initiated directory structure. There are 5 folders it self initiates [Library A, B, C, LRC and Recorded Tracks], attempts so far to delete these folders are met with failure as they just repopulate when you turn the device on. All the music you wish to play on your player must be included in either of the three library folders. Also, you cant go any more then 2 folders deep off the root - I.E. I:\Library A\New Folder\ - folders deeper then that wont be picked up so far as I can tell.

If I can find software that will allow me to access the firmware file coding, I would imagine theres a way to adjust which folders it self-populates. Irritating, I know, but custom firmware is the only option me thinks.

Unfortunately it would seem that Creative botched their firmware something fierce when they designed the V100. Unlike its predecessor, the MuVo TX FM, you cannot create a completely custom directory structure, which, to be honest, kills a lot of my vested interest in the MuVo. The best thing about the device is that you could treat it like a flash drive and put your music wherever you pleased and it would automatically recognize the directories with music files. I've been using MuVos since the 64MB size days and I think maybe its time to find another device. Good job Creative, way to fuck it up.

On another note, I may just eBay my V100 and repurchase the TX FM I lost 6 months back and just say to hell with the extra 1GB the V100 offered. Bleh, Creative can die in a fire for royally screwing this one up.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XĂRO View Post
Might be able to offer some insight - it seems that the MuVo V100s firmware doesnt like you to use anything other then its self-initiated directory structure. There are 5 folders it self initiates [Library A, B, C, LRC and Recorded Tracks], attempts so far to delete these folders are met with failure as they just repopulate when you turn the device on. All the music you wish to play on your player must be included in either of the three library folders. Also, you cant go any more then 2 folders deep off the root - I.E. I:\Library A\New Folder\ - folders deeper then that wont be picked up so far as I can tell.
There's more than one library? I didn't know that.

The player doesn't seem to have problems going more than two folders deep. It goes I:\Library\Band Folder\Album Folder for almost all of the things on the player, except for the ones that don't show up.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:41 PM

not true, im using WMP11 to transfer music over to my brothers Muvo and it works fine, it doesn't add the music to the Library folders, and it still works, actually i TRIED adding music to those folders and nothing happened, the muvo didn't detect em. weird eh? ill try later again, may be wrong
Black EP-630's
Creative iTrigue L3500 (fabulous sounding speakers)

Old 07-29-2007, 03:01 PM

Strange - might be because I'm not using WMP11 or anything of the sort to put my music on the device, I've just been drag n dropping. Why they have more then one library by default is a mystery to me [mebbe if more then one person uses the device?] but maybe using WMP11 is the key to getting the device to function. Who knows.

*shrug* Update your device firmware if you havnt already?