android
Old 10-14-2006, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintzer
Sandisk also says that the radio function of the US-version would/should work in the EU. Hope I can believe all this.Does anyone have any new revelations on this topic?
It does work without problems. I had it in Europe all summer, and the only thing that the original firmware that came with the drive didnt support was 87.5Mhz (it only went up from 88Mhz).
The only problem I ran into was that in major cities frequencies would overlap (as it seems this radio chip is not really too precise).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-19-2006, 02:09 AM

Wink And here's another alternative WITH FM radio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitzi
How about the iRiver Clix? 2GB, photo/video/mp3 AND an FM tuner/recorder AND some games etc... for $139!
(and I bet hitzi will find you a site where you can find the device for half that price ;-)

Old 10-24-2006, 02:42 AM

Default Bad Bad news ???

hi everybody,i have very bad news for all the european users of sansa e series. some pictures that were posted before in this thread can give the answer to our big question if the radio is disable from the firmware or the actual chip is missing.And yes is the chip that missing from the player, you can also figure that out from the yellow sticker, the eu version has the number 20 on it withot the chip and the us the number 10 with the chip.
I also opened my player and the chip was missing and the sticker has the number 20 on it. So we are the unlucky users of sansa.Bad Bad sandisk.
I love everything else on this player tho, so after all i can
I hope i'm wrong with all the above.Sorry for my english, i'm Greek.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:39 AM

Hello,
i´m from Germany!
Can someone tell me is there a way for me to buy online the Sansa e250 with FM-Radio in USA or somwhere else?
Is there in USA an Online-Shop who shipping to Europe/Germany?Amazon.com dont ship to Europe.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:51 AM

Have you tried ebay?

I bought my e280 from a US seller.

Current Collection: Sony: NWZ-A866, NWZ-A845, NWZ-X1060 Creative: ZEN(32GB), Zen Vision, Zen Micro, Zen NX, Muvo2 Sandisk: Sansa e280, Clip, Clip+, Fuze+ Rio: Carbon iRiver: T60 iPod: Nano, Shuffle Shure: SE530, SE420 SE210 & E3C.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:41 AM

Thank you.
And this UK Shop sell every Sansa "with FM-Radio"?????
But its 95GBP=140€ very cheap

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=130218&tab=2

Old 10-25-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56
It does work without problems. I had it in Europe all summer, and the only thing that the original firmware that came with the drive didnt support was 87.5Mhz (it only went up from 88Mhz).
The only problem I ran into was that in major cities frequencies would overlap (as it seems this radio chip is not really too precise).
Thanks for the answer. I live in Germany and it's difficult finding someone that has the US-version in. Expansys doesn't have it in yet and they say they will only have the EU-version. In the beginning they shipped US-versions but no longer do so anymore What a fuss over a stupid radio but I guess one wants it all

Old 10-26-2006, 03:27 AM

Hallo Mintzer,
ich bin auch deutscher.Habe bei Amazon.de den Sansa e250 2GB für 88.- Euro portofrei gekauft.Auf das Radio muss man halt verzichten,was solls
Vielleicht kommt irgendwann ein neues Modell mit Radio.Habe schon einige Player "durch" aber der Sansa von der Bedienung und vor allem vom Klang der beste.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 AM

I am from Germany too (Grüß Gott aus München); have ordered 8GB e280 from Amazon.com for $179.90 with US shipping address - fortunately I have somebody who is able to re-send it to me.

BTW I've heard that with the latest firmware FM tuner frequences start with 87.5 MHz - is it true?? Would be great to us Europeans!

Old 10-26-2006, 01:54 PM

Yes, it is true.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:19 PM

I have ordered the E280 from a Danish store, and they writes on the website that the E280 is with FM Radio. And Sandisk doesn’t write the following on the E280 site: No FM-tuner (and no FM-recording) is available in Europe. I think they finally have learned by there mistake, I think that Sandisk have lost some market in the EU by not including the FM tuner in the EU versions, and they are now about to correct that error (I hope )...

Old 10-27-2006, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whc
I think they finally have learned by there mistake, I think that Sandisk have lost some market in the EU by not including the FM tuner in the EU versions, and they are now about to correct that error (I hope )...
I have the E270 without radio . And i hope they lost all european customers for the future. I'am realy angry about all the problems with the player.

Regards
Michael

Old 10-27-2006, 05:54 AM

Bad bad Sandisk In Europe you must pay more for same Sansa, but without radio

Old 10-27-2006, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whc
I have ordered the E280 from a Danish store, and they writes on the website that the E280 is with FM Radio. And Sandisk doesn’t write the following on the E280 site: No FM-tuner (and no FM-recording) is available in Europe.
Don't know...
It costs 215 EUR = $269 on Amazon.DE: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000IT62UK and does not contain any information about FM Tuner (so I assume, it's missing).
Some SanDisk web pages also (still) say that FM is generally not available on all e200 series devices in Europe.
To sum up: I would be surprised if you would get one with tuner -- let us know!

Another two questions:
1: why is SanDisk the only company I know who makes a special player version with no FM for Europe? All others - Creative, Sony etc - do not make such difference!
2: why e200 is the only SanDisk's device with special European model without FM? eg. older e100 is available with FM in Europe (1GB e140 for 35EUR on amazon.de), and also the new c200 will be!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vygi
Don't know...
It costs 215 EUR = $269 on Amazon.DE: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000IT62UK and does not contain any information about FM Tuner (so I assume, it's missing).
Some SanDisk web pages also (still) say that FM is generally not available on all e200 series devices in Europe.
To sum up: I would be surprised if you would get one with tuner -- let us know!

Another two questions:
1: why is SanDisk the only company I know who makes a special player version with no FM for Europe? All others - Creative, Sony etc - do not make such difference!
2: why e200 is the only SanDisk's device with special European model without FM? eg. older e100 is available with FM in Europe (1GB e140 for 35EUR on amazon.de), and also the new c200 will be!
Lets see, the store where I placed the order, claims they will get it on 15/11 (15 November), and they only writes that the FM-tuner is included on the E280. If the FM-tuner is missing though, then it will be returned straight back to the store.

Hmm Apple has released an 8 GB version of the nano 2nd gen., which are currently in stores here in Denmark. I must say I consider having a little affair , there are simply so much accessory for the nano, I really am loosing my patients on a speaker dock for the Sansa.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whc
Lets see, the store where I placed the order, claims they will get it on 15/11 (15 November), and they only writes that the FM-tuner is included on the E280. If the FM-tuner is missing though, then it will be returned straight back to the store.

Hmm Apple has released an 8 GB version of the nano 2nd gen., which are currently in stores here in Denmark. I must say I consider having a little affair , there are simply so much accessory for the nano, I really am loosing my patients on a speaker dock for the Sansa.

There is a speaker dock now!

Radio problem: it sucks being a European! Luckely i'm a European living in the US for now

Old 10-27-2006, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.
There is a speaker dock now!
Yep i know, but not yet avalible in Denmark . And There are tons of speaker stands for nano...

Old 10-27-2006, 07:15 PM

Just thought about some thing. On my E270 EU I use the latest 01.02.12A American firmware, witch means that I have the radio menu, but the radio does not work. But the thought is that on the firmware there is Danish language for the menu (it is not present in earlier firmware’s), but the thing about it is that the FM-radio functions and all the menu function related to the FM-radio option, is also in Danish…Hmm why oh why translate all the radio functions to Danish, if Sandisk don’t sell E200 series in EU with radio chip? And why is Danish language present in an American firmware???

My guess is that the E280 is the same world over, with the same firmware and so on as the American version, just my guess, why else will Sandisk go too this trouble to translate all menu functions in Danish witch really would just be a waste of time…?

Old 11-13-2006, 08:13 AM

Wink

Hi there

I have two questions:
- has anybody ordered a e280 at Amazon.de lately? Does ot have the FM radio?
- has anybody tried to put the TM-tuner chip into a european version? I think the chip itself wouldn't be the problem. How much peripherial stuff (resistors, caps etc.) is missing? Are there detailed comparison pictures of the eu and the us (specially the area around the LV24020LP ( see http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...wareComponents )?

Thanks
Corwin

Old 11-13-2006, 08:23 AM

Hi again,

i have reviewed the perfect pictures at http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/e200-devboard.html . Thanks to Daniel! Maybe i will have a look at my Sansas internals tonight and compare, wether all the peripherial stuff around the tuner-chip is there. The datasheet states that there is no need for external components so far.

I will see

I would still like to know, if the e280 at Amazon.de has the FM tuner. I think i will just ask the guys there

Regards,
Corwin