android
Old 12-02-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintzer
Hi, can you please send me the exact link? There is no sign of mp3 players on this site as far as I can see.

Bob

Hmmm, it seems like they have deleted the link...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-03-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vygi View Post

In any case, I would double-check availability of FM before ordering!
Thanks for the infos! Yes, I'm waiting to do just that as I'm still sceptic as to wheather all this is true. Sandisk doesn't have any infos about this model on its site. I've been reassured von several retailers that die edition with radio will be arriving just before Xmas.

OK, wish you happy listenings with yr. Sansa and lots of fun!

Take care, Bob

Old 12-26-2006, 03:33 PM

http://www.trustedreviews.com/multim...uner-Option/p1

Old 12-29-2006, 06:35 PM

Sandisk this press release:
SanDisk Offers FM Tuner On Award Winning Sansa MP3 Players Across Europe To Give Consumers Freedom Of Choice

http://www.sandisk.com/Corporate/Pre...e.aspx?ID=3645

Old 12-29-2006, 07:03 PM

http://www.sandisk.com/Corporate/Pre...e.aspx?ID=3645

Old 01-13-2007, 11:20 PM

Can someone please explain why Sandisk does not sell the radio version of its players to Europe? Are there laws or taxes that affect radio sales across the pond?

Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Sunshine View Post
Can someone please explain why Sandisk does not sell the radio version of its players to Europe? Are there laws or taxes that affect radio sales across the pond?
Its all due to it being defined as something more than it actually is....added features = more Tax!

The European Commission creates Directives which are then rubber stamped by all EU Governments....a hell of a lot of Irish/British/German/Italian...etc law is pan European in origin so it its decided that portable FM radio players require more Tax's then such a large market requires modification of the product.

Something similar occurs with the low volume on EU players...which really pisses me off as trying to listen to talk radio as cars roar by you is impossible when you can only turn the volume up half as high as you can in the US!!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 04:40 AM

I live in the U.S. and have the e270R (the Rhapsody version), and I was interested in the European version not having the radio. So I read this long and somewhat confusing thread.
I wanted to make sure I've got it right. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything or left anything out.

1. The European version had no FM chip but does as of Dec. 06.
1b. The European version should now be available in 2 versions. One with the FM chip and a second version without the FM chip, the one without being cheaper.

2. The European version has only Low volume while the U.S. version has Low and High volume settings.
2b. The European version now has a firmware update that fixes this volume problem.

3. The European version can have the 2 volume choices if using the U.S. firmware (and suposedly a European firmware now too).

4. The U.S. version radio works in Europe.

5. The U.S. firmware will show the radio option on Euro players, but it will not do anything because most European versions have no FM chip.

6. The European version costs more than the U.S. in comparison. (though average price seems about the same to me depending on where you get it, at least now and that's with and without FM on the European versions I checked)

7. Besides having the radio and 2 volume settings th U.S. version also has multiple language options making it usable by non-English speaking people.

8. The U.S. version is available from a limited number of European sellers.

9. If you have the U.S. version in Europe you are still covered by the waranty, but if you need to echange your player you will be given a European player as a replacement.

10. Many U.S. sellers will not ship electronics to Europe. At least it can be difficlt to find a U.S. seller who will ship to Europe.

I was wandering, is there any power differance between the U.S. and European versions?

Old 02-11-2007, 06:15 PM

What Im wondering is are all new Sansas released in Europe since December coming equiped with the radio chip but with different firmware that enables/disables the radio depening on model sold?

Some help on above:
The low volume is law and no EU firmware will alter that...ever!
Radios are universal its just the frequency band in which they operate that changes....next to me the radio in FM goes from 88-108MHz.
Power output from USB is the same everywhere.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 PM

Yes and no.
The radio frequency changes, but also the stepping of that band is different between i.e. the US and Euro radio models.
Many devices allow you to change this stepping and others do not.