android
Old 06-24-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Browse by genre, artist, etc.?

Hi,

Does the F2 allow you to browse your loaded music by genre, artist, etc.? Or is it reliant on folders for organizing?

For a flash player this is not such a big deal (heck I have a Shuffle right now which doesn't let you do anything), but with 2 GB it's nice to be able to find exactly what you want.

Also, can the player be reasonably used without looking at the controls? (just the basics- skip, go back, volume, pause.) That's one thing I like about the Shuffle, great for exercising, etc.

The sound quality of the first Shuffle is very good, although from reading reviews it seems the F2 is somewhat better.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-24-2007, 11:39 AM

hi,

yes, you can search by Artist, Album, Genre, etc.
keep these steps in mind....

by pressing the Main Menu button go to Settings-General-File Browse-Select Music

in order to do what you want to do it's pretty hard. you can't just go in and press the buttons but... if your like me and knowing where they are and getting use to feeling what button is where then your ok. basically it would be easier to highlight a certain Artist,Album or song and make a playlist. IDK... if you can do this while in MUSIC Mode. let me know if the F2 is what you want

Old 06-25-2007, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the info!

I am leaning towards the U3 right now, because the little joystick controller seems better for what I want.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:50 PM

well, yeah. the U3 and the F2 are the same beside controls and about 3 to 2hrs of battery life difference. a joystick would be better for jogging and what not. Enjoy your DAP sir