android
Old 06-18-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Creative in the red zone?

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread...light=creative

they acutally do have some valid points there. Creative needs to try to strike deals with mobo companies to get there chips on there for onboard audio, instead of the realtek crap

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm honestly surprised Creative hasn't already done this! I mean, I realize doing so may endanger sales of dedicated sound cards, but given that a huge percentage of pre-assembled systems and bare motherboards have RealTek chips on them already, getting in on this market would more than make up the difference!

Oh, yes, and here's something I've been saying over and over again: They need to focus on "flagship" DAPs rather than spread out all over the market! Trying to develop and support such a wide variety of players is definitely not helping their situation!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned

<font color="339999">...these are things they are allready considering...
...some executives from sim wong hoo's old glory days...
...have been asked back to the company from retirement...
...to get the mp3 player division into shape...
...expect big changes...

Old 06-19-2007, 02:40 PM

well im sure they will be big. lets just hope the vision m successor is a hit, and of course better than the vision m

Old 06-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

One of the biggest things helping in iPod's success in the market is product stability. What I mean by that is, even though the iPod has undergone generational changes, the product itself has stayed essentially the same. Nobody has to worry about Apple releasing millions of iPods to market, then turn around six months later, drop support on it, and release something radically different like many other DAP manufacturers - Creative included - do.

The ZVM has enjoyed a year and a half of being on the market, and this longevity is beginning to pay off in terms of establishing its own identity. More people know about the ZVM than any other non-iPod DAP. I think Creative would be smart to capitalize on this, and not be so quick to supercede the ZVM. I think a more modest generational change is better - perhaps a thinner-profile, 100GB, a 24-bit display... But keep the physical design and the name the same.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:23 PM

yay! some good news. according to one of the members at epiZENter, whom works for Creative, says that they are expecting to be back into the green zone.