Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Smile Newbie Video Guide

Hi there, I'm new to the ABi forums, so I thought a good way to introduce myself would be with a guide! Here is, my Official Newbie Video Guide!

So, you've just bought your brand new Samsung YP-T9. But of course, there's practically nothing on it. You go and take a look at the fancy videos that come with it, and you're ready to load videos on it.

The easiest way to get videos, is obviously a P2P program, such as BitTorrent, eMule, and others. However, it's not always easy to find the videos you want, let alone in AVI format, to transfer them over to the player.

Another easy, but rather timely way to rip videos off of YouTube & Google Video (others may work, try for yourself) is by using:
(Thank you to Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander for this suggestion)

But, if you want ANY video of your choice at a HIGH quality, read on!
How do we get started?

Step One

So, let's get started, you'll have the ability to get practically ANY video you'd like. First thing's first. Open up and bookmark this extremely helpful link:
Using this tool, you can take videos from most Streaming Video sites, such as Youtube, Google Video, DailyMotion, etc.
I suggest you bookmark this link for future use.

Step Two

Go find your video! Check out any of the sites that you can download from, find the list by clicking the drop-down box where it says "Any Site".

However, personally, I suggest using DailyMotion ( because they offer high quality videos that will display perfectly on your T9.
If you can't find it at DailyMotion, try Google Video next. They offer quality videos aswell. If all else fails, and you don't mind watching low quality video, head to YouTube.

Step Three

Once you've found the video you want to use, copy the URL Address.
(Remember, this applies no matter where you are, YouTube, Google Video, etc. ALWAYS copy the URL)

And paste it into the VideoDownloader address bar.

And click the Download Button. Now, in a few seconds you should see something pop up below. From here, right click the "Download Link" Button, and go to "Save Target As" (or the equivalent in your browser)

Name this file what you'll remember, and save it somewhere you'll remember. Now you have your video saved as an FLV file. However, we need to convert it to an AVI file to load it to the YPT9, so let's get converting!

Step Four

Now you should have a couple videos saved as FLVs. Let's get them onto your Samsung MP3 player! Now, there are a couple of ways you can do this. There are many programs that will convert FLV to AVI. Try just typing "FLV to AVI" in Google and see what comes up. I suggest you try a couple programs to see which you like best, or just use the one I've provided.

The program we will be using is called Riva FLV Encoder. It is a freeware program, meaning you can use it as much as you'd like, without ever having to pay! You can download your free copy here:
(No spyware/viruses/etc)

Install and open the program, and you should see a screen like this.

1) Click "Browse" under the "Input" section, locate your FLV file where you saved it earlier.
2) Adjust the settings to the following. You do this so it converts fast and is only as good as your player can handle.
3) By default, the output will say "xxx.flv", (xxx being your filename) you need to change this to either say "xxx.avi" or "xxx.mpg". Both work fine.
4) Click the Encode button, and the file will convert! This should take anywhere from 20 seconds to 4 minutes, depending on the length of your movie. Your final file will be in the same place as your FLV was. You can now delete the FLV.

Now, open up Samsung Media Studio, and transfer over your AVI/MPG file, and enjoy!
Remember, it will run a bit choppier than what the original movie was, this is because is what the MP3 Player can handle. You may notice the sound is a bit off the movie, again, this is because of the 15 fps conversion.

Note: If you have troubles when you try to transfer your file over to your MP3 Player, having an error such as "Codec not found," you'll have to get the K-Lite Codec Pack, available FREE here:
(Again, no viruses or spyware)

I hope this guide was useful to someone.
I'm sorry for any spelling errors, I'm only fourteen. :P

If you have any questions or concerns, PM me. If you have any feedback, post it! Thank you.

06/16/07 - Added note on, Realigned
06/17/07 - Re-wrote section four, using new freeware program.

Last edited by dfkt; 07-23-2007 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Update 2

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]