android
Old 06-15-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Music not Playing in order NS-DV4G

Hey everyone. New to the board here I'm glad I purchased the NSDV-4G. Its awesome! My purchase was based off of this board and I thank everyone for their reviews. But I ran into a problem and its driving me nuts. The Songs do not play in order. By selecting Artist or Album It plays the songs in a random order. Now I know what your thinking, turn random off. It is off. I've tried ID3 tags with the right track numbers, The filenames as 01 02 03 etc, and it picks a random track to play. I searched for the same problem but couldn't find it. Any Suggestions? It really sucks when your listening to a mix and its out of order. lol

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Insignia Moderator

Well I don't know... You've tried absolutely everything I would have suggested.

How random is it? If you skip back and forth, does it skip between the same two songs every time? Or does it go to completely different songs?

Also, what are you using to edit the tags?

Congrats on being the proud new owner of an NS-DV! I think you'll be very happy with it-- you know, once you get this whole random thing sorted out...

Old 06-15-2007, 07:17 PM

congrads not the only one I have a few issues like that. but do not mind at times/

Old 06-16-2007, 07:11 AM

I will give you a detailed example of what it does. But to answer the question on what program I use, ID3-TagIT. All tags are edited with V2.3 and the "Number of Digits of Track Numbers" is set to 2 ex. 00, 01, 02.

DJ Tiesto - Summerbreeze *mix*(In A Folder On the MP3 Player)
Total tracks 12

This is the order it plays in.
02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 01

DJ Sammy - Heaven *non mix*(In A Folder On the MP3 Player)
total tracks 13

This is the order it plays in
13 12 05 06 07 01 02 03 04 08 09 10 11

I have tried to turn shuffle on and see if it plays it straight through and no success. Repeat on or off does the same thing. Um thats about it. I was thinking about ripping them as one whole track but to fast-forward through an hour mix to listen to one song hurts my fingers to think about it.

I just got off of a 16hr shift and I tired. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:27 AM

Only thing I can come up with is make sure all your tags are ID3v2, and delete all v1 tags.

Aside from that, theres a slim chance that it just reformatting might sort things out.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxitage View Post
Only thing I can come up with is make sure all your tags are ID3v2, and delete all v1 tags.

Aside from that, theres a slim chance that it just reformatting might sort things out.
Reformatting? Like format the drive or different format. MP3 to WMA? I refuse to change the format to WMA. Bad experience in the past with WMA. Don't want to take that path.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:21 AM

The player, I'm with you on WMAs.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 PM

Well I come back with an update. After formating my MP3 player 5 times and searching through boxes to re-rip my cd's I'm disappointed with the solution I found. But it works so It's all good. I hope this helps for people that may run into the same problem I had.

I've found in my situation, "File Folder" mode does not keep the songs in order. Don't know why. I wish it did. Maybe a bug? Anyway....

I changed the mode over to "media manager" and started WMP11. Re-ripped some of my cds (in MP3 format) and synced them with the player. Success! My mix cd's play in order. So I tried adding songs I already have on my computer to the library, synced to the player and it also was a success!

I don't like WMP but I will use it so that my mix cd's play in order.

Thanks for the help and hopefully this may help someone if they ever have the same issue I did.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:47 PM

Default possibility

This randomness of track order I've noticed on my player too regarding albums and such. For me it always plays in allphabetical order though, so I don't have mmmuch problem, when I want to change order I just add characters at beginning to get it to play in order i want it to.